GDT - Game 3 - Calgary @ Edmonton - Sunday October 13 6:00pm MDT

Amander

Just now, Ryan Man said:

Have to give it to this group. Written off by a lot of people. I’m down for proper rebuild but they don’t subscribe to that. Impressive first 3 games. 

I care more about winning games against the Oilers than the overall total.

I don't think it's sustainable, but the ride is fun so far.

5 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I care more about winning games against the Oilers than the overall total.

I don't think it's sustainable, but the ride is fun so far.

I agree wholeheartedly. I couldn't care if we lose every game remaining outside of BoAs.

But the group we're putting out don't seem to mind battle the odds, awesome to watch, though as you say, it will be hard to keep the momentum up as we move further in to the season.

Happy to watch how it unfold though - GFG 🔥

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

Wild that all of SN is, "what's up with the Oilers" and zero, "hey Calgary's doing okay". Wild. It's kinda Blockchained up.

You would think the worst team in the league defeated the Cup Champions.  Flames have scored 19 goals in 3 games.  The Oilers have 3?  Maybe a good team is playing well.  We dominated the game for 2 periods.  And Zary missed an open net.  Funny how Costco was that free to be able to get a rebound with nobody in sight.  

Oilers searching for answers.  Fans grumbling about challenges and non calls.  I get the latter but the non calls were on both ends of the ice.  

A quote from an Oilers blog:

It looked as if the Oilers went up 2-0 a short while later, as Corey Perry deflected a puck in front of Flames netminder Daniel Vladař late in the first period. However, the goal was called back after a lengthy review on one of the weakest goalie interferences any of us have ever seen. While there’s no doubt Perry was in the crease, it was the Flames’ netminder who initiated the contact.

Once the dust had settled from the Perry disallowed goal, it once again looked like the Oilers had jumped out to a 2-0 lead, with Derek Ryan trying out his best Bobby Orr impression on what would have been his first of the year. However, the goal was called off after another successful coach’s challenge when Viktor Arvidsson was shown to be offside. This was ultimately the right call, but the Flames shouldn’t have even had the opportunity to call it because the Perry goal would have wiped out their timeout.

Having another goal overturned seemed to demotivate the Oilers, as the Flames really started to find their stride in the minutes that followed. It was then when future Oiler (hopefully) Rasmus Andersson scored to tie the game at one apiece, giving the Flames life in a game that could have easily been out of reach.