Hunter Brzustewicz - newest Flame

Good news. He's a 1st rder in an avg draft year. RSD and he's become really well-rounded. Solid grab by Conroy. I wasn't big on grabbing him at our draft positions, but I think it's fair to consider him someone we could pick in the high 20's of an avg draft class. Detroit boy programs, USNDTP, but then chose the CHL route.

He's had a really sound dev path.

Really happy to have him as a prospect. Instantly our top RD prospect.

I can say first hand that London runs the tightest ship in the O, maybe even the entire CHL, for developing players. There is very little discernible difference between them and Kitchener. Our prospect is in extremely capable hands.

He's going to be a big key in the Lindholm deal. I get a little shocked when prospects with London, Kelowna and Kitchener get moved. Those 3 are the powerhouse development programs in the CHL for my money. You need not worry about racing those players into your program. They're in good hands.

• Like 1

Been able to watch him quite a bit since the trade.

He's really good. Was probably VAN's #3 prospect. His defensive game is better than he gets credit for.

Probably needs a year with the Wranglers, which isn't a bad thing. Him and Honzek should make the jump to pro next year.

• Like 2

Currently 1st oa in the OHL for assists (77), T1st amongst Dmen in pts (90), T9th oa for pts.

I guess, maybe, I should bring up Quentin Musty leads the league in pts/gm at 1.84 in 50 games. He's missed 15 games, or he might be leading the entire league. 50games, 39g/53a/92pts. I may have been really wanting to select him at 16th oa last year.;)

Hate being that guy. lol

17 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Currently 1st oa in the OHL for assists (77), T1st amongst Dmen in pts (90), T9th oa for pts.

I guess, maybe, I should bring up Quentin Musty leads the league in pts/gm at 1.84 in 50 games. He's missed 15 games, or he might be leading the entire league. 50games, 39g/53a/92pts. I may have been really wanting to select him at 16th oa last year.;)

Hate being that guy. lol

I'm pretty sure there was a bunch that wanted him then, but we chose the other LW.

Pretty crazy numbers for D+1.

Then again, HB's numbers are pretty insane for a another D+1 player.

I would like to see more goals from him.  LOL