Kipper Retirement

On 2/29/2024 at 10:29 PM, DirtyDeeds said:

After you guys "listen to it" wander over to the GDT in progress and tell everyone about your favorite Kipper memories or saves.

I think this is the place for the stories ..

Only ever met him once .. the team was at a patio in eau Claire shortly after the 2006 playoffs getting bounced by Anaheim..  they were all great. Was able to get a jersey signed ..but was having an issue finding kipper ..  finally found him . He was straddling the patio fence . So he could hold his drink inside ..and his cigarette outside lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phoenix66 said:

I think this is the place for the stories ..

Only ever met him once .. the team was at a patio in eau Claire shortly after the 2006 playoffs getting bounced by Anaheim..  they were all great. Was able to get a jersey signed ..but was having an issue finding kipper ..  finally found him . He was straddling the patio fence . So he could hold his drink inside ..and his cigarette outside lol

I laughed when I read that.  The impression I had was he wanted to find a mask he could puff a smoke through.  LOL

Just now, travel_dude said:

I laughed when I read that.  The impression I had was he wanted to find a mask he could puff a smoke through.  LOL

It was hilarious at the time too lol.. and that was also the day I learned Regehr was a D$$k too ..  Iggy reamed him out right in front of everybody for it . But that's another story 

1 hour ago, phoenix66 said:

It was hilarious at the time too lol.. and that was also the day I learned Regehr was a D$$k too ..  Iggy reamed him out right in front of everybody for it . But that's another story 

Shows were all human, great to see everyone has good and not so good habits at times. Timing is key providing habits don't turn into addictions.

E.g. I only smoke cigars when golfing with a certain group and/or camping depending on the crowd.