GDT Detroit @ Calgary Feb 17th 2024. 2pm Start

2 hours ago, sak22 said:

Since the new year began the team is 7-3 on the road and 3-6 at home, 2023 portion it was 9-7-1 at home and 6-9-3 on the road. 

So, Vladar is 3-3 at home this season (1-2 in 2024) with the rest of his starts being on the road.

I think that leave 4-4-2 on the road.

I'm too lazy to figure it out, but for Marksdtrom's great play, his record at home sucks.

Well we are poised to pick 9th overall unless someone gets lucky and jumps over us.

970f4084022cdb72034e7e266f817ead.png

Our team diff of -8 tells me we are a middling team or slightly below. Playoff teams should have +25 or better team diff at end of regular season. Sometimes there is an outlier but .....

There is also little doubt in my mind that the Markstrom trade that broke down at last minute is a big factor why we are playing poorly now. I am wondering why he was asked to waive his ntc before the GM's had totally agreed on the price and cost of trade.

I guess we need a core to lead this team. Backs is a leader but not really a core piece. Where are the big money guys to take us on their shoulders and push us through these tough spots.

Not sure it is fair to heap "all of this" on the new guys or rookies. Other than one really good year the Flames have been wandering in the desert of mediocrity for many many years.