GDT San Jose @ Calgary Feb 15th 2024. 7pm Start

Just now, A_Flame_in_Oiler_Land said:

After that really good road trip, never thought we would loose to the sharks this bad

I thought perhaps they would start him on the road.

Instead we play Marky 4 in a row and give the start to Wolf in a trap game.

The Flames road trip was a 3 wins 1 loss , and why such a good record, simple Markstrom is back to his old form playing outstanding. So what does coaching do for the San Josie game, for goal tending, Lets bring up Wolf from the Wranglers, your playing against the second worst team in the NHL. Well you insulted the Sharks as the night before they played Winnipeg only losing 1-0. This is a Bad call by coaching and management and it makes me think they don't want to earn a playoff position. Wolf looked totally out of place. Were down to 2 months of hockey, each night should be played with disperation attitude.

11 hours ago, Bob Fry said:

The Flames road trip was a 3 wins 1 loss , and why such a good record, simple Markstrom is back to his old form playing outstanding. So what does coaching do for the San Josie game, for goal tending, Lets bring up Wolf from the Wranglers, your playing against the second worst team in the NHL. Well you insulted the Sharks as the night before they played Winnipeg only losing 1-0. This is a Bad call by coaching and management and it makes me think they don't want to earn a playoff position. Wolf looked totally out of place. Were down to 2 months of hockey, each night should be played with disperation attitude.

Interesting take. I agree with some points.

Marky has been super for us and a good part of the reason we we did well on the road trip. However we had a serious offer for him. Maybe we needed to find out if we could get by with Wolf. or needed to find out if Wolf was ready. If he is our future then we better find out right? 

Maybe it wasn't as bad a call as you make it out to be.

From that aspect I think we found out who our #1 is and should remain to be. If we are going to make a final push then we know who should be in nets.

This was a terrible loss from the standings view. We were back to within 2 points of a wildcard playoff spot.

77dfee0458bb568210ab0b32758c210c.png

We are now 5 games back and 3 teams jumped past us in the standings. While it was only one game it was a huge loss and the schedule only gets tougher for this homestand.

f683c15a81820e438309f975a8b8f576.png

8 hours ago, DirtyDeeds said:

Marky has been super for us and a good part of the reason we we did well on the road trip. However we had a serious offer for him. Maybe we needed to find out if we could get by with Wolf. or needed to find out if Wolf was ready. If he is our future then we better find out right? 

From that aspect I think we found out who our #1 is and should remain to be. If we are going to make a final push then we know who should be in nets.

This was a terrible loss from the standings view. We were back to within 2 points of a wildcard playoff spot.

We are now 5 games back and 3 teams jumped past us in the standings. While it was only one game it was a huge loss and the schedule only gets tougher for this homestand.

Tough five games to end the month.

How many wins in there? I think they win two. Puts them at .500 with 23 games left.

I do try to be optimistic, but at some point they need a five or six game slide. It's becoming obvious that they aren't a playoff team and I'd rather not see them pick 16th again.

16 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Tough five games to end the month.

How many wins in there? I think they win two. Puts them at .500 with 23 games left.

I do try to be optimistic, but at some point they need a five or six game slide. It's becoming obvious that they aren't a playoff team and I'd rather not see them pick 16th again.

Realistically, we need to win 7/10 from now until the end of the season.

That gives us 94 points, maybe not even good enough to get in.

Recent history

Previous 7, win 3 lose 4.

Previous 7, win 5, lose 2.

Previous 7, win 4, lose 2, 1 OTL

Previous 7, win 2, lose 4, 1 OTL

Last 28 games, barely a 500 record.

On 2/16/2024 at 11:21 AM, DirtyDeeds said:

1 hour ago, Bob Fry said:

Well the losses make securing a playoff spot very difficult, 5 points behind the L.A. Kings and they have three games in hand. 10 goals allowed in two games Markstrom/Wolf. Sloopy defensive play by all skaters. Who is number 8 should be benched as he cause two to be scored by Detroit. Time to admit Calgary Flames don't deserve to be in the NHL. Time to trade everyone off and build for the future. P.S. At this rate of play we won't have a need for a new arena.