GDT: Flames and Canes - 12/07

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

1 hour ago, Ryan Man said:

I admit I love the amount of people doing GDTs it nice and am 100% behind any or everyone jumping on board. 

I love this community.

And I do apologise for taking up the GDTs.. it the only way I can contribute. 

I have not done any, maybe one day when I find the talent you guys have, thanks Heartbreaker you on the streak now...  Very cool to have fans in Australia mate "Ryan!

7 minutes ago, medatswhoP said:

I have not done any, maybe one day when I find the talent you guys have, thanks Heartbreaker you on the streak now...  Very cool to have fans in Australia mate "Ryan!

Mine are pretty lame.  I used to be able to get lineups from Dailyfaceoff but I can't copy and paste not.

I use the Flames Website and copy "5 things" story.

Sometimes I can get the lineup from the site too, but sometimes only Flames.

Here's an interesting stat.

Vladar has not beaten CAR.

Wolf already has, so it's a good sign.

Not to dis Vladar, but it's a nod to Wolf.

He was tested early and often and held the fort.

Some of his saves were pretty extreme when you look at it after.

He just looks so set it seems routine.

We saw some interesting outcomes from the lines and the player usage seemed to help turn the tide.

Top line of Lindholm, Mane and Govich played the most and had little impact.  Govich played a little with other lines.  They had little impact on the score for.  Govich had his stick blow up again, but this time when he had created a turnover on the forecheck.  

The Zary-Kadri line with Pospisil or Ruzicka created chances.  At times they were the best line followed by the Backlund line.  The 4th line was on for two against, but Coleman was out there for the 2nd in place of Ruzie.  More likely a line change in progress.  It was a bad sequence by Ras that led to the goal.

Dube played the least at 5 minutes and change.  Zary played 17+.  Pospisil and Ruzie each played about 11.

Lindholm and Govich played the most, only ones over 20 minutes.

Two issues stand out for me.  The top line isn't cutting it.  The PP units are stale.  Neither Ras nor Hanifin are helping them.  The top unit lacks a QB that will shoot or pass.  The 2nd unit looked better but only got about 30 seconds to create anything.  We have scored 10 PPG all season.  Yikes.

10 hours ago, medatswhoP said:

Please note:

Not doing a GDT because you don't think you have the talent is no excuse to not do one.

Every single one of our GDT creators started out with little talent experience and just doing their first one.

Ready GDT creation 101 stickied to top and you will see how simple it can be.

Just Do It

• Like 1

10 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Mine are pretty lame.  I used to be able to get lineups from Dailyfaceoff but I can't copy and paste not.

I use the Flames Website and copy "5 things" story.

Sometimes I can get the lineup from the site too, but sometimes only Flames.

Gyazo  is your copy and paste friend......

just select the area of screen you want to copy and make a snap of it ....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DirtyDeeds said:

Please note:

Not doing a GDT because you don't think you have the talent is no excuse to not do one.

Every single one of our GDT creators started out with little talent experience and just doing their first one.

Ready GDT creation 101 stickied to top and you will see how simple it can be.

Just Do It

Notice has been served lol, ahhh yah of course ill step up soon my friend cool to jump start me I will work on it.

• Like 1