GDT - Sens @ Flames - 03/12/2023

pikey7883

cut.jpeg

Flames take on the Senators, look to end home slide

The Calgary Flames look to end their five-game home skid with a victory against the Ottawa Senators

Ottawa Senators (33-27-4, fifth in the Atlantic Division) vs. Calgary Flames (29-24-13, fifth in the Pacific Division)

BOTTOM LINE: The Calgary Flames play the Ottawa Senators looking to break their five-game home slide.

Calgary is 29-24-13 overall and 15-14-3 at home. The Flames have given up 200 goals while scoring 199 for a -1 scoring differential.

Ottawa is 33-27-4 overall and 14-16-2 on the road. The Senators have scored and allowed 202 goals this season for an even scoring differential.

The teams meet Sunday for the second time this season. The Senators won 4-3 in overtime in the previous matchup.

TOP PERFORMERS: Tyler Toffoli has 26 goals and 29 assists for the Flames. Mikael Backlund has scored four goals and added two assists over the last 10 games.

Tim Stutzle has 31 goals and 37 assists for the Senators. Claude Giroux has six goals and eight assists over the last 10 games.

LAST 10 GAMES: Flames: 3-5-2, averaging 2.3 goals, four assists, 3.2 penalties and 7.3 penalty minutes while giving up three goals per game.

Senators: 6-4-0, averaging 3.5 goals, 5.9 assists, 5.6 penalties and 15.9 penalty minutes while giving up 2.9 goals per game.

• Like 3

Good job Pikey.

SO happy to see that they have completely fixed the problems in the lineup.

It was Ritchie's fault.

The only solution is to sit him.

Strange, but I think we were a 500 team long before we traded a sitting Ritchie for a playing Ritchie.

Sutter is stacking the odds against us.

Markstrom has played well for the last 6 games.

Are we really expecting him to have suddenly fixed everything wrong with his game?

Record: 2-3-1.

6 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Good job Pikey.

SO happy to see that they have completely fixed the problems in the lineup.

It was Ritchie's fault.

The only solution is to sit him.

Strange, but I think we were a 500 team long before we traded a sitting Ritchie for a playing Ritchie.

Sutter is stacking the odds against us.

Markstrom has played well for the last 6 games.

Are we really expecting him to have suddenly fixed everything wrong with his game?

Record: 2-3-1.

Thanks @travel_dude

I thought I would give this a go. And I agree, I’ve been waiting a long time to see a lineup like this. The only icing on the cake would be to see Phillips on Ruzie and Duehrs wing. Time for the team to win in spite of Sutter. His tactics aren’t wrong all the time, but no more excuses, head down, heart on sleeve type of hockey.  

2 minutes ago, The_Tribal Chief said:

This Hockey team confuses me something firece they challenge with teams like the wilds etc yet lose to teams that are the bottom of the league am i in the twilight zone

That's something that we have done for this year and the last two.

I think the bottom teams have speed we can't handle.

And they make switches in our D-zone that messes up coverage.

Just now, The_Tribal Chief said:

I think what Also Kills us is we will start great like right now and Boom senators will Score and Drain the momentum

Well, if we don't score 2 in the 1st after outplaying them, then yes we will lose momentum.

Right now, I would say we had a good first 2 minutes and that is it.