GDT - Flames at Panthers - November 19, 2022 - 2:00PM MDT Start

Ryan Man

Markstrom is a mystery.  He will make jaw dropping saves worthy of stop of the week replays, and then also have the dumb play of the game!

Im excited with the confidence that Ruzie is showing.  He is making a strong case to stay on that top line!!

Hubie and Backlund had stuff happening as well.

Calgary is starting to show some bits of “gelling” on the top lines, but this is also exposing the main areas of weakness as well; zone entry, comes to mind.

WHAT A GAME! I just finished watching it. That was so entertaining! The flames are a different team when they play with speed and jump. 

Hanafin - one of his best games as a flame. Hands down. He was all over the ice, creating plays, disrupting plays, and making smart decisions all night. Incredible. 

Lindholm - were we playing Carolina? He was an absolute beast tonight. His hands were so quick under pressure, and he battled like an animal. 

Ruzie - I didn’t see this coming. Always thought he was a good player and getting the shaft a bit - but this is next level. Outside of his points, he made some great back checking plays and he was able to make clean passes under pressure to exit our zone. He is making good on his opportunity. 

Markstrom - screw the gaffe. The number of incredible and improbable saves he made are the reason we’re leaving with 2 points. See Chucky try to steal the show with a clapper in the shootout? See Marky upstage him and then taunt him with the glove? That’s some confidence building Satoshi Nakamoto right there. 

Yes, they conceded a tying goal 3 times, and yes they persevered each time. I got a feeling that the crew is starting to right the ship.
Shocked How I Met Your Mother GIF

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

WHAT A GAME! I just finished watching it. That was so entertaining! The flames are a different team when they play with speed and jump. 

Hanafin - one of his best games as a flame. Hands down. He was all over the ice, creating plays, disrupting plays, and making smart decisions all night. Incredible. 

Lindholm - were we playing Carolina? He was an absolute beast tonight. His hands were so quick under pressure, and he battled like an animal. 

Ruzie - I didn’t see this coming. Always thought he was a good player and getting the shaft a bit - but this is next level. Outside of his points, he made some great back checking plays and he was able to make clean passes under pressure to exit our zone. He is making good on his opportunity. 

Markstrom - screw the gaffe. The number of incredible and improbable saves he made are the reason we’re leaving with 2 points. See Chucky try to steal the show with a clapper in the shootout? See Marky upstage him and then taunt him with the glove? That’s some confidence building Satoshi Nakamoto right there. 

Yes, they conceded a tying goal 3 times, and yes they persevered each time. I got a feeling that the crew is starting to right the ship.
Shocked How I Met Your Mother GIF

Definitely one of the most entertaining games of the season so far. Markstrom was so good when he was good. Rwally don’t understand his inconsistencies though. Hubie looked really good to me, especially in the first half of the game.

and yes, my favourite moment was Markstrom taunting Chucky after he snagged that puck in the shootout

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LouCifer said:

This is exactly what I was hoping he could prove.

He's always struck me as a guy without enough confidence to play a certain way.

You would see flashes of it in other games.

Then he would follow it up with a just okay shift.

Or a game where he was 2nd guessing every play he was making.

The goals tonight were great.

The one on the two on one with Toffoli last game was perfect.

Stick on the ice and let the puck go  in the net.

Just enough deflection to avoid the goalie.

Tap it in tappy tappy.

The puck went home, where it belonged.

Go home puck.

6 hours ago, travel_dude said:

This is exactly what I was hoping he could prove.

He's always struck me as a guy without enough confidence to play a certain way.

You would see flashes of it in other games.

Then he would follow it up with a just okay shift.

Or a game where he was 2nd guessing every play he was making.

The goals tonight were great.

The one on the two on one with Toffoli last game was perfect.

Stick on the ice and let the puck go  in the net.

Just enough deflection to avoid the goalie.

Tap it in tappy tappy.

The puck went home, where it belonged.

Go home puck.

adam sandler GIF
Hahaha love that movie 

Former Sarnia Sting Rozie getting some love. Love to see it. It's always been Rosey btw.lol Even Sutter calls him that. Fits his personality.

On the other side of the ledger, the Wings demolish Columbus and stay ahead of Fla. Almost perfect if the Leafs had lost.

Hope both of my team's get rolling now's the time.