GDT Avs @ FLAMES - Tues 29 March 2022

rocketdoctor

9 minutes ago, The_Snowbear said:

Was a good game one mistake a penalty and that was decider we will learn not to take penaltys like that in critical situations and darryl will be ticked about that penalty being taken at the time it was cause you dont kill it and boom you lose

The Lucic one I can live with, but the last one against Lindholm was a joke.

Can't stand players that dive.

7 hours ago, The_Snowbear said:

That is kadri a cheap artist

Never liked Kadri while in Leaf land, thankful we didn't acquire him when we tried to trade for him. He's having a break-out year, but he's a hot-head. He's the type that puts himself ahead of his team. 

2 hours ago, LouCifer said:

Never liked Kadri while in Leaf land, thankful we didn't acquire him when we tried to trade for him. He's having a break-out year, but he's a hot-head. He's the type that puts himself ahead of his team. 

It would have changed the dynamic of the the last two years.  Can't say if it would have been good or bad.  We would have gained something for Brodie, instead of losing him for nothing.    But that also would have meant playing Valimaki sooner and probably losing him to the expansion draft.  And we would likely still have Gio and not improved otherwise with smart signings and trades.

He would not have lasted under Sutter, assuming we got Sutter.  The whole Butterfly Effect.  I like where we are.  Kadri is playing himself out of COL.  They have $27M in cap for next year and half a team signed.  MacKinnon one year remaining so they need to only sign players that don't prevent him from getting a massive payday.  Tough choices.  Sign him and then trade him, or lose him for nothing.

In hindsight, I'm not overly PO'd about the loss.  The reffing was okay, but annoying where they made some calls and let others go.  A trip is a trip, except when it isn't.  Unfortunate that a dive that created the GWG was the difference, but it happens.  There are teams we struggle with, but we won't face them in the playoffs unless the stars align.

Dallas - tough team to play in round one

STL - pretty even

WPG - doubt we see this, but I think we square up well against them

Vegas - no idea this year, since they have two teams, the one now and the possible one in the playoffs

LA - possible round 2 matchup, but I think we should carry the play

EDM - I don't see them making much noise, since they don't have goaltending to go anywhere

Sutter was pretty critical on the PK.

First goal - forward had a chance to clear it, but didn't.  Happened before the final sequence.

Second goal - poor read by the D.  Suspect it was Tanev giving too much space to Nich.  Or Guddy not blocking the shot-pass.  Hard to say.  He doesn't get into it.

Said that it's still a process with some of the guys.  First goal had Mange, Toffee, Guddy and Tanev out, but it was scored with 2 seconds left on the PK.  I don't think the puck left the zone at all, not enough time to switch the D, but the forwards were replaced.