FLAMES @ Sharks - Tues 7 Dec 2021

rocketdoctor

Just now, robrob74 said:

My superstitious ness worked today. I talked negatively about Dube and he scored! Shut me up always!

I used the shutout remark early.

We roasted Conumdrumed for twice saying shutout in a Flames game.

He came back with a reference to the opposing goalie.

2 minutes ago, pikey7883 said:

Does Coleman seem unlucky to anyone else? Passes just bouncing over his stick, or a split second behind or in front, always a hard worker, just can’t seem to get a bounce, or is that just me?

I'm not too concerned with Coleman right now.

He's everything else even when he doesn;t score.

The goals will come.

Gotta just find the right chemistry.

Finally caught up to the live feed. Happy to have the lead, Johnny with a slick finish, Hertl showing his shooting ability, but our passing (outside of Chucky to Johnny) has been atrocious. So much zone time given to the sharks due to our inability to make a solid pass, or holding onto the puck for too long. Hopefully we clean that up the rest of the game. Also, ignoring the goal for a second, I like the “look and feel” of Looch-Mony-Dube. You’ve got Grit-Snipe-Speed. Dube also seems to play better with Looch on his line, likely confidence to try anything and play loose. If sutter keeps these 3 together, I predict some good results. 

• Like 1

Just now, travel_dude said:

Yup.

Not sure how we get that deal done.

Originally I would have suggested Monahan, but I'm not so sure now.

Ruzicka with his 1st.

I still suggest Monahan. Compare their playoff stats. Plus, the fact Hertl is a UFA at the end of this season benefits us in the sense that we need cap flexibility to figure out Chucky and Johnny and Mange. Mony with one more year may force us to keep him over one of those guys… 

Just now, LouCifer said:

I still suggest Monahan. Compare their playoff stats. Plus, the fact Hertl is a UFA at the end of this season benefits us in the sense that we need cap flexibility to figure out Chucky and Johnny and Mange. Mony with one more year may force us to keep him over one of those guys… 

I'm not worried yet about next season signings.

Hertyl is going to be more expensive than Mony.

I like the player but we have to be certain we are re-signing him.

Besides, this is the new Monahan.

Bigger, stronger, faster....

LOL

I think he gets him game back.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

I know it's just a goal, but perhaps this will give Ruzi enough confidence to start doing things with the puck.

He has speed and a good snipe.

Like to see him use it.

He's an odd player, but when he gets with a good coach, it really makes him better.

I told you it was first game jitters, lol. Good on Ruz. If he can pot a couple playing with Richards and Lewis and learn how to play at the NHL level from those guys, how much better will he be in a year or two playing with the likes of Pelletier and Coronato? 

1 minute ago, pikey7883 said:

I told you it was first game jitters, lol. Good on Ruz. If he can pot a couple playing with Richards and Lewis and learn how to play at the NHL level from those guys, how much better will he be in a year or two playing with the likes of Pelletier and Coronato? 

Me likey