9 hours ago, travel_dude said:

That was some crazy OT player usage.

I love it.

Tanev.

Kylington

Mangiapane

Backlund

Gaudreau.

Tkachuk and Hanifin played least of players and we looked dominant through 90% of the OT.

Loved the usage. Been pining for Kyller to get out there in OT. He has wheels that can be McDavid-ish in a 3-on-3 scenario. With more experience, I think he's going to get better and become more lethal. I also don't believe Chucky is the guy you want out there on a 3-on-3. Mange, Backlund, Johnny, Lindy... these are players that can control a play AND cover defensively. I see good things moving forward for us in OTs. 

3 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

Loved the usage. Been pining for Kyller to get out there in OT. He has wheels that can be McDavid-ish in a 3-on-3 scenario. With more experience, I think he's going to get better and become more lethal. I also don't believe Chucky is the guy you want out there on a 3-on-3. Mange, Backlund, Johnny, Lindy... these are players that can control a play AND cover defensively. I see good things moving forward for us in OTs. 

One thing I like to see is the turnover of lines as opposed to waiting for faceoffs.

Don't just take a low % shot, go to the net with it and then get your rebound.

25 minutes ago, rocketdoctor said:

For a 2-1 game it was a great game of hockey.

You see that scorline and you think must have been boring... anything but.

Flames on the road again!

Loved the Dube/Lucic morning interview.  You can see these guys are enjoying their hockey right now.

Go Flames Go!

I was on the edge of my seat at time.  There was only one PP and it lasted 7 seconds, tow which we scored on our own goalie again.  Unfortunate deflection.  Definitely a goalie duel.  That OT was just insane.  

I like that we are back on the road, but we have to start winning in the Pacific.  Can't be giving away free points.  Need to manage the goalies over the trip.  B2B to start.  Vegas to finish.  Would like to see Vladar in 2 starts.  Not sure which games.  Like to get him string together two in a row and give Marky a rest.  Then again, I'm not crazy about Markstrom playing the Sharks.  I think you could do Vladar against the Kings, then Marky 2 in a row, then Vladar against the Sharks.

Could do it the other way too.  Have Vladar do the two middle game.  Vegas hasn't seen him.  No book on him.