FLAMES @ Capitals Sat 23 Oct 2021

rocketdoctor

Who takes the first minor penalty for the Flames tonight?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes the first minor penalty for the Flames tonight?

• Backland
    • Ritchie
    • Dube
    • Tkchuck
    • Pitlick
    • Anderson
    • Other

I am happy with the lines. I think Ritchie is a good addition to the Dube line and was pleasantly surprised the Det game as he is playing a heavy role and creating space for Mangi and Dube. Also think we are seeing an emergence of Kylington as a regular. 

Well done Rocket on the Gameday. 

I love going with Vladar tonight.

We've chatted about this on this forum, they need to find starts for Vladar that aren't b2b's.

This is a heck of a challenge for Vladar. The Caps are loaded up front. Also throw in a shot at redemption for Vladar, WSH lit him up for 8 last year which skews his career numbers.

Also a matchup in net of two Czech 'tenders, and former WJC teammates. Should be a fun one

26 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I love going with Vladar tonight.

We've chatted about this on this forum, they need to find starts for Vladar that aren't b2b's.

This is a heck of a challenge for Vladar. The Caps are loaded up front. Also throw in a shot at redemption for Vladar, WSH lit him up for 8 last year which skews his career numbers.

Also a matchup in net of two Czech 'tenders, and former WJC teammates. Should be a fun one

Same! Can’t be afraid, get him going.

Just now, cross16 said:

What a play by Gaudreau on that goal to make an extra couple moves and suck the  defender and goalie to him and open it up for Lindholm. 
he is playing such great hockey right now. The details in his game are the best I’ve ever seen 

Yes, it's attention to all aspects too.  He's less prone to giveaways unless double and triple teamed.

His game is so good if he can stay away from the boards with coverage.

Just now, Thebrewcrew said:

Mang/Lindholm/Gaudreau are red hot right now. Been a huge part of the Flames offence early in the season

When you average less than 3 goals per game, it's important for your top players hot and your D keeping the goals against to the point where you have a chance.