Senators - The 2nd Joke of an Organization

travel_dude

I can;t imagine what players that play for the Sens think about the team.

Great fanbase.

Very patient.

Joke of an owner.

Has no interest in the game, just his bottom line.

How can he get money from a bad team.

Sell hope.

Trade hope away for a prayer.

Must be #1 on Limited NTC's lists.

Would you ever waive your NTC to go there?

I cn't see why.

Doesn;t matter what the team does, the team will be hosed to save money.

Every year.

Tkachuk might just end up wanting a trade.

Not much chance right now.

Well, we got a glimpse of what the players thought about the team last season from the leaked Uber video.  It wasn't pretty.  

Brady Tkachuk is not improving on last season's numbers but for now, that can be chalked up to a sophomore slump.  One more year of 40-points though... i think Brady could become available before he himself demands a trade.  No one is going to help him score next season either.  If the Flames manage to trade Gaudreau for Eichel, then we should target Brady to unite the Tkachuks.

I'm sure the market is a problem, but you have to wonder how long Bettman is interested in having Melnyk in his company. Easier said than done as i'm sure there is not a long list of people who want to buy the Senators. 

It's really too bad because through the noise their dumb owner makes, Pierre Doiron has assembled himself quite an organization and is continuing to do so. Many good young players, many draft picks, and he's made a few savy moves the last 2 seasons. There should be things to get excited about but Melnyk just ruins it all for them. 

22 hours ago, cross16 said:

I'm sure the market is a problem, but you have to wonder how long Bettman is interested in having Melnyk in his company. Easier said than done as i'm sure there is not a long list of people who want to buy the Senators. 

It's really too bad because through the noise their dumb owner makes, Pierre Doiron has assembled himself quite an organization and is continuing to do so. Many good young players, many draft picks, and he's made a few savy moves the last 2 seasons. There should be things to get excited about but Melnyk just ruins it all for them. 

If you are a player drafted by the Sens and just entering your prime, the moral is that you will be dealt before you cost too much.

Tkachuk will probably be offered a bridge deal when his ELC expires.

He should take as short a deal as possible, then he will get dealt anyway when the time comes.

Archived