Shane Wright - the "next one" watch continues

jjgallow

Ok....

Looks like we have someone trending with McDavid.    Similar point totals in their first 15 OHL games.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/526239/shane-wright

https://thehockeywriters.com/shane-wright-must-watch-chl-2019-20/

If he wants to stay on track with McDavid he needs to pick up his pace in the last half of the season, but all signs are pointing to him doing just that.

Strictly by the numbers, his performance lags just slightly below McDavid's.  However, factoring in size, he's more likely to translate it to the NHL.

Just another blip?  Or is there something here?

From my viewings of Wright, he has elite hockey sense and puck skills. As of right now, his skating is average at best, there is lots of time for it to improve. He has to really improve his skating to continue to dominate at the NHL. The good news Tavares had the similar knock on him in junior, and he was able to improve his skating enough that it isn't a weakness in his game. I would say though that Tavares was a better skater than Wright at the same age.

I would say that Tavares is the peak for Wright.

1 hour ago, JTech780 said:

From my viewings of Wright, he has elite hockey sense and puck skills. As of right now, his skating is average at best, there is lots of time for it to improve. He has to really improve his skating to continue to dominate at the NHL. The good news Tavares had the similar knock on him in junior, and he was able to improve his skating enough that it isn't a weakness in his game. I would say though that Tavares was a better skater than Wright at the same age.

I would say that Tavares is the peak for Wright.

didn't know about the skating, thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived