Coaching Carousel

cross16

Looking to be one if those offseason. First day and already we've got Boughner out in Florida and Housley out in Buffalo. 

Total openings as of now:

Ana

Buff

Flr

Edm

Stl (although probaabky just a matter if timing)

PHI

LAK

OTT

Also probably need to keep our eyes on Minny, NJD and maybe even Columbus if they can't get out of the first round. Crazy turnover and little patience in the league. Boughner I'm not too surprised as he always looked overmatched to me but only giving Housley 2 years is a surprise. Have to believe that names like Quenville, Vignault, Mclellelan and Tippet being out there may have something to do with the changes. 

Rumors are already picking up that Quenville and Florida may be close which makes a ton of sense. 

7 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Looking to be one if those offseason. First day and already we've got Boughner out in Florida and Housley out in Buffalo. 

Total openings as of now:

Ana

Buff

Flr

Edm

Stl (although probaabky just a matter if timing)

PHI

LAK

OTT

Also probably need to keep our eyes on Minny, NJD and maybe even Columbus if they can't get out of the first round. Crazy turnover and little patience in the league. Boughner I'm not too surprised as he always looked overmatched to me but only giving Housley 2 years is a surprise. Have to believe that names like Quenville, Vignault, Mclellelan and Tippet being out there may have something to do with the changes. 

Rumors are already picking up that Quenville and Florida may be close which makes a ton of sense. 

I'm not even sure what coach would help the Oilers at this point.

Q would be the best maybe.

Considering there PP was bad, then PK worse and their 5v5 play not great, where do you even start?

They need a POHO and GM.

The best available won;t be allowed to be part of the draft, since the teams they come from usually have that stipulation.

The coach and GM are going to have to be part of the solution to the team's makeup.

Can't bring in a player's coach if the team needs a dose of reality.

Can build a team of parts without a coach that can pull them together.

Need to identify what type of team you need and build it.

For STL, I'm not sure Berube is the luckiest guy in the world or the smartest.

With all that talent, they should have been better sooner.

Buffalo is impatient.

Ottawa is a mess like the Oilers.

LA and ANA are built for the playoffs, 10 years ago.

Transition time.

ANA- Dallas Eakins

BUF- no idea, maybe Vigneault or a young up and comer, mind you Housely was supposed to be an up and comer out of Nashville

FLA- Tallon loves Q, having Q as coach likely means Panarin will sign with them

EDM- no idea, probably a young coach that understands the modern game

STL- Berube

LA- Mclellan

OTT- Not many will want to coach under that owner so I think Crawford stays

PHI- maybe they keep Gordon if Q is not available

• 4 months later...

Archived