Mark “Janko” Jankowski

rickross

I feel that the Flames will keep Backlund until the every end of his contract unless a "too good too pass up" trade comes along.

Even then, he has a FULL NTC until the end of 2020/2021, then for the last 3 years of his contract it becomes a Modified NTC (10 teams that he WILL accept a trade to).

Personally, I don't think that Jankowski is ready for the #2 C position and I'm not positive that he will ever be.

That said, if he tops out as a 3rd line LW or C in the NHL, I'll still be quite happy with the pick.

6 hours ago, 420since1974 said:

I feel that the Flames will keep Backlund until the every end of his contract unless a "too good too pass up" trade comes along.

Even then, he has a FULL NTC until the end of 2020/2021, then for the last 3 years of his contract it becomes a Modified NTC (10 teams that he WILL accept a trade to).

Personally, I don't think that Jankowski is ready for the #2 C position and I'm not positive that he will ever be.

That said, if he tops out as a 3rd line LW or C in the NHL, I'll still be quite happy with the pick.

I'm not sure its Backlund we need to upgrade on for a 2nd line C if we could add another player like Lindholm on his RW. Nothing against Frolik but his true element is defense and some secondary scoring like 15 goals max. Yes him and Backlund are good together but we have to consider how to get more from Tkachuk and Backlund along with a more complete RW. I would have my eye on Silfverberg as a UFA this offseason. Trade Neal, he just doesn't appear to be a fit here. Next year have a 3rd line of Bennett, Jankowski and Foo.

Archived