2018 development camp

Cowtownguy

1 hour ago, cccsberg said:

Yes, bolded guys were the ones that really shone throughout, the others I listed had a couple moments.  All the rest not so much.  One key impression was that the majority of guys shooting miss the net.  They would do the drill, take a shot and miss the net by a mile.  Seems like a lack of concentration and focus.  The one exception to that was Foo.  He was "on" all morning, 90+% of his shots hit the net and he probably scored half the goals, period.  Foo was clearly head and shoulders above the rest yesterday.  It'll be interesting to see if that carries through today and Sunday.

This camp  should be about guys getting ready for summer training, at least for the prospects.  The invites need to make some kid of impression.  The NCAA guys will be looked at over the coming year(s) to see how they are progressing and whether an offer could be coming.  The undrafted guys have to make enough of an impression to be invited to main camp and/or offered a contract before the period for signing them ends.  

The scouts should also be looking at every dev camp to see if there are any guys to pursue.  Gems show up everywhere.

Hey, I never got to watch any of the camp including the scrimmages.  When all was said and done, who should we watch from the invitees?  Was anyone worthy of a signing.  Who absolutely showed to be ready for professional?  Is anyone ready to challenge for a Flames roster spot?  Did anyone show the start of some interesting chemistry?  In other words..... what’d I miss?

Archived