Drouin to the Habs

Mike_Oxlong

Not a big Sergachev fan so I do think the Habs did well to get Drouin for only him and a pick. That beign said i'm nto the biggest Drouin fan either so I don't think its a steal or the value is that far off. Sergachev has a lot of really good tools but he doesn't have the greatest tool box so i'm not sure I see a dman that had high upside, I think he tops out as a good but not great #3. I think Droun has a ton of skill but I think he's more of a secondary/complementary player rather than a first line guy so I dont' think the value is as off as it may seem. Better deal for the Habs just based on the fact they got the better player now and IMO the more upside but bigger picture I don't think the Habs gain that much here. They are so many pieces away that i'm not sure I see the reasoning of dealing your best prospect for a secondary LW.

See what happens but not a move I love for the Habs even if they got a good player at the right price. 

Also I think important to look at what this does for TB. It gives them an extra spot in expansion draft to protect Namestikov, who they would have for sure lost, and it puts them in a position where they could realistically keep both Johnson and Palat in the fold.

20 hours ago, cross16 said:

Not a big Sergachev fan so I do think the Habs did well to get Drouin for only him and a pick. That beign said i'm nto the biggest Drouin fan either so I don't think its a steal or the value is that far off. Sergachev has a lot of really good tools but he doesn't have the greatest tool box so i'm not sure I see a dman that had high upside, I think he tops out as a good but not great #3. I think Droun has a ton of skill but I think he's more of a secondary/complementary player rather than a first line guy so I dont' think the value is as off as it may seem. Better deal for the Habs just based on the fact they got the better player now and IMO the more upside but bigger picture I don't think the Habs gain that much here. They are so many pieces away that i'm not sure I see the reasoning of dealing your best prospect for a secondary LW.

See what happens but not a move I love for the Habs even if they got a good player at the right price. 

Also I think important to look at what this does for TB. It gives them an extra spot in expansion draft to protect Namestikov, who they would have for sure lost, and it puts them in a position where they could realistically keep both Johnson and Palat in the fold.

I think the last part of your comments are as relevant as the first part. I don't think Bergevin is done reshaping that roster. He continues to throw out the money and gave Drouin 5Mplus as you say a secondary piece.

9 hours ago, MAC331 said:

I think the last part of your comments are as relevant as the first part. I don't think Bergevin is done reshaping that roster. He continues to throw out the money and gave Drouin 5Mplus as you say a secondary piece.

5M?

5M for a diminutive 20 goal scorer with no other real attributes other than an inability to play a two-way game?

Not sure who won the trade, but Habs are worse off for this overall.

It's a bit of a toss up. Contract is a bit much, but it solves a need for the Habs right now (they need people who can score goals). Downside is, the Habs D pipeline was pretty thin to begin with and Sergachev was amongst their best prospects there (which now with Emelin gone, isn't that strong at the NHL level either).

Archived