Washington Capitals

MAC331

A lot of noise coming out of Washington about trading Oveshkin. I think they should go for a real PR move and bring in more Russian players like Malkin, Radulov and Galchenyuk.

RUSSIANS INVADING WASHINGTON

They could trade away their Swedes to Montreal.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MAC331 said:

Taking heat right now for disappearing in playoffs all the time.

You were talking about Backstrom for Malkin, right?  Backs is pretty consistent at almost a p/gp in the playoffs.

The problem of Backstrom for Malkin also is $3m per year in salary difference ($6.7 to $9.5).  They can re-sign Oshie if the cap goes up enough.

19 hours ago, travel_dude said:

You were talking about Backstrom for Malkin, right?  Backs is pretty consistent at almost a p/gp in the playoffs.

The problem of Backstrom for Malkin also is $3m per year in salary difference ($6.7 to $9.5).  They can re-sign Oshie if the cap goes up enough.

This was mostly in jest to move the thought of a Russian invasion of Washington. LOL

If they did it and had no money for Oshie maybe he comes to us. LOL

MADNESS

10 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

This was mostly in jest to move the thought of a Russian invasion of Washington. LOL

If they did it and had no money for Oshie maybe he comes to us. LOL

MADNESS

I wasn't picking on the thread direction, just trying to understand the thought process.  

I would trade Backstrom for Backlund in a heartbeat.  

We seem to be one team that has not had an Russians in a long time.  Panarin would have killed it here.  No to Yak.

Maybe to Nischuskin (sp).  No to Ovie (just too big for the city). 

21 hours ago, travel_dude said:

I wasn't picking on the thread direction, just trying to understand the thought process.  

I would trade Backstrom for Backlund in a heartbeat.  

We seem to be one team that has not had an Russians in a long time.  Panarin would have killed it here.  No to Yak.

Maybe to Nischuskin (sp).  No to Ovie (just too big for the city). 

It wouldn't bother me if the Flames stay away for Russian players.

Archived