Troy Brouwer

Going4TheCup

Just now, cccsberg said:

Sooner or later BT and other GMs are going to realize that Corsi doesn't win games, goals do.  It may put you in a better place and look better on the ice, and make you feel better for the "outplayed them mentality" but at the end of the day its goal differential that counts.  Unless you bear down and bury you chances then who cares?

Scoring chances and scoring chance differential is not corsi, they measure 2 different things and so far scoring chance differential has the highest correlation with winning. More so than goal differential even. Corsi is not really a very popular stat anymore as it's been shown to have flaws and not the highest correlation to winning. 

I care about stats that have higher correlations to winning so that is why I think its valuable to look at things like scoring changes, high danger etc.Gives you a better indication of where the issues are with your team. 

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Scoring chances and scoring chance differential is not corsi, they measure 2 different things and so far scoring chance differential has the highest correlation with winning. More so than goal differential even. Corsi is not really a very popular stat anymore as it's been shown to have flaws and not the highest correlation to winning. 

I care about stats that have higher correlations to winning so that is why I think its valuable to look at things like scoring changes, high danger etc.Gives you a better indication of where the issues are with your team. 

Scoring chances, snoring chances...  if you have a team of Byran's who can't put the puck in the net with 2-3 breakaways a game it does not matter.   Fortunately for him he's got over that hump but the Flames have not.   So, basically you're saying we're having home "bad luck"?  Ahhh, too bad, write off that season.  Better luck next year?

There is a HUGE discrepancy this year between home and away.  It starts and ends with coaching.  We wait for BT to figure it out and do something about it......

• 4 months later...
49 minutes ago, Going4TheCup said:

It's been awhile since I checked on this post but it sure looks like the majority of Calgary Flames Fans want Brouwer either traded or bought out, Will either happen??

Looking back a few years on this board when the majority are adamant about a particular action Management almost always follows suit (albeit not right away). ie. goalie, coach, rw.

So yes Brouwer will be bought out or traded soon.

52 minutes ago, redfire11 said:

Looking back a few years on this board when the majority are adamant about a particular action Management almost always follows suit (albeit not right away). ie. goalie, coach, rw.

So yes Brouwer will be bought out or traded soon.

Buyout will not happen as the window closed on June 30th. I can't see anyone willing to trade for Brower unless we'll take their "garbage" or we have to sweeten the pot with a prospect or a pick which I would hate to see happen.

34 minutes ago, xmiika said:

Buyout will not happen as the window closed on June 30th. I can't see anyone willing to trade for Brower unless we'll take their "garbage" or we have to sweeten the pot with a prospect or a pick which I would hate to see happen.

2nd buyout window triggered when a Flame filed for arbitration.

Archived