Flames 2015-2016 Roster

darth_henning

I thought Jooris played really well with his ice time the last few months. I'm not sure what you want from, he isn't expected to be top 6 but he can play there effectively. Bottom 6 he could fit in anywhere, what more do you want from a 13, 14 forward ?

BTW I love your predictions

For me, I want bigger energy guys in the bottom 6. I like Jooris' speed. I think he is one of those guys who plays until he gets leaped by a young guy as the team builds. Maybe I am overrating what a bottom 6 should look like, or have a specific vision of what I want it to be.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, I want bigger energy guys in the bottom 6. I like Jooris' speed. I think he is one of those guys who plays until he gets leaped by a young guy as the team builds. Maybe I am overrating what a bottom 6 should look like, or have a specific vision of what I want it to be.

I agree with you. Ideally you want bigger guys in your bottom 6 that can give you some energy or physical play. Jooris works really hard and is a pretty good skater, but he can't play a physical game and he doens't do a great job taking care of the puck becuase I think his hockey sense is only average. I also don't think he is a very effective PK which you need in your bottom 6.

He is decent depth so i'm not suggesting they get rid of him but I think they really need to upgrade over him. Their bottom 6 was not very good this year. 

I'm suggesting bottom 8, as I have said Jooris can fill in almost anywhere and someone (not a player you are developing any further) has to spend time watching and filling in for injuries. He accomplished a lot and gained experience with the playing time received over the past 2 years why would we not want this type of player on our roster.

Archived