Drew Shore

So, with Shore playing in the game tonight (March 3), does that mean he has to clear waivers now? If that's the case, one would assume we are keeping him up for the rest of the season. So who does he replace? Does he take over for the Jooris in the center with Jooris going to the wing and Colborne to the 4th line?

Yes, Treliving acknowledged this in his interview. It means Shore has to clear waivers now.  Not only that, the AHL has a rule that you must be on the roster prior to March 3 or else you are not eligible to play in the AHL playoffs (thus why some of the young kids were sent back down to Addy yesterday).   Which means Shore cannot really join Addy anymore anyways.

I think he merely takes over for Glencross but will play mostly Center or RW.

Yes, Treliving acknowledged this in his interview. It means Shore has to clear waivers now.  Not only that, the AHL has a rule that you must be on the roster prior to March 3 or else you are not eligible to play in the AHL playoffs (thus why some of the young kids were sent back down to Addy yesterday).   Which means Shore cannot really join Addy anymore anyways.

I think he merely takes over for Glencross but will play mostly Center or RW.

That's what I was getting at. Takes GlenX roster spot but where does he play with Stajan in the lineup.

He was on a "kids line" with Ferland - Shore - Poirier.  It seemed to work.

I saw, but when Stajan comes back, what happens to him? We'd have 5 centers (Monahan, Jooris, Backlund, Stajan, Shore) so either there's alternating sitting or someone moves to the wing.

I really like what I have seen from Shore in both of his games so far. With the fact that he is an RFA at the end of the year and has to clear waivers to be sent down, I want to see him play to see what has. Part of me wants to see him playing up on the second line, but I think that having Stajan's experience up there makes more sense, and he deserves the reward as he has done everything asked of him this year.

Raymond/Monahan/Hudler

Gaudreau/Stajan/Colborne

Bouma/Backlund/Jones

Ferland/Shore/Jooris or Poirier

I really like what I have seen from Shore in both of his games so far. With the fact that he is an RFA at the end of the year and has to clear waivers to be sent down, I want to see him play to see what has. Part of me wants to see him playing up on the second line, but I think that having Stajan's experience up there makes more sense, and he deserves the reward as he has done everything asked of him this year.

Raymond/Monahan/Hudler

Gaudreau/Stajan/Colborne

Bouma/Backlund/Jones

Ferland/Shore/Jooris or Poirier

I think I'd rather switch Backlund and Stajan. Stajan's the better faceoff guy right? 3rd line becomes the D line and the second line has size, skill, and then possession with Backlund.

I think I'd rather switch Backlund and Stajan. Stajan's the better faceoff guy right? 3rd line becomes the D line and the second line has size, skill, and then possession with Backlund.

The Bouma/Backlund/Jones line has developed some chemistry so I wouldn't break them up at this point.

I wouldn't do a roster that removes Hudler from Gaudreau myself. Hudler is reading Gaudreau, hence is the source for a lot of Johnny's scoring chance passes.

And I'd kick Colborne down the depth chart.

He's looking bottom 6 to me.

Backlund and Monahan should be more interchangeable, imho.

Gaudreau/Backlund/Hudler

Raymond/Monahan/Poirier

Bouma/Stajan/Jones

Ferland/Shore/Jooris/Colborne

I wouldn't do a roster that removes Hudler from Gaudreau myself. Hudler is reading Gaudreau, hence is the source for a lot of Johnny's scoring chance passes.

And I'd kick Colborne down the depth chart.

He's looking bottom 6 to me.

Backlund and Monahan should be more interchangeable, imho.

Gaudreau/Backlund/Hudler

Raymond/Monahan/Poirier

Bouma/Stajan/Jones

Ferland/Shore/Jooris/Colborne

Gaudreau and Hudler were split up last game and it seemed fine. I think Gaudreau is starting to wear down a bit, so it would be smart to start lowering his ice time just a tad.

Poirier has only played 2 games, he has looked OK in those games but I wouldn't put him on the 2nd line just yet.

Colborne has the 5th best PPG amongst forwards on the team at .53, only slightly behind Backlund's .55. That puts him top 6 Colborne is too good to be stuck on the 4th line.

Gaudreau and Hudler were split up last game and it seemed fine. I think Gaudreau is starting to wear down a bit, so it would be smart to start lowering his ice time just a tad.

Poirier has only played 2 games, he has looked OK in those games but I wouldn't put him on the 2nd line just yet.

Colborne has the 5th best PPG amongst forwards on the team at .53, only slightly behind Backlund's .55. That puts him top 6 Colborne is too good to be stuck on the 4th line.

Colborne also isn't good enough to be top 6. Higher ppg? Who cares?

Poirier has 2 games, none with any of our talent. Do we need to do this again?

At some point, can we throw a guy to the fire, rather than call up top 6 guys for 4th line duty?

At some point, can we throw a guy to the fire, rather than call up top 6 guys for 4th line duty?

If Colborne isn't good enough to play top 6 than neither is Backlund, because Colborne has been just as good as Backlund this year.

Poirier has been OK so far but he hasn't done anything to show that he is ready for top 6 minutes. I want to see guys push their way into the line up and force the coach to give them more minutes Poirier hasn't done it. You don't just get top 6 minutes because you put up OK numbers in the AHL. Poirier will get there just not this year, and probably not next year either.

Back on topic, it will be interesting to see what they do with Shore, he's an RFA this year so I would assume that he gets re-signed. Then there is the waiver situation which makes things tricky. Hopefully he makes it easy and just preforms well enough that they have no choice but to keep him here and then it isn't an issue.

If Colborne isn't good enough to play top 6 than neither is Backlund, because Colborne has been just as good as Backlund this year.

Poirier has been OK so far but he hasn't done anything to show that he is ready for top 6 minutes. I want to see guys push their way into the line up and force the coach to give them more minutes Poirier hasn't done it. You don't just get top 6 minutes because you put up OK numbers in the AHL. Poirier will get there just not this year, and probably not next year either.

Back on topic, it will be interesting to see what they do with Shore, he's an RFA this year so I would assume that he gets re-signed. Then there is the waiver situation which makes things tricky. Hopefully he makes it easy and just preforms well enough that they have no choice but to keep him here and then it isn't an issue.

• 4 months later...

Archived