Where do you see our roster players?

kehatch

I agree, travel_dude. Waiving McGratten makes no sense to me -- he's a good team guy, and having him in the pressbox for long periods of time isn't going to hamper his development. I'm fine with having one rotating spot in the lineup, but scratching two capable players every game is a waste.

Granlund has been really impressive this season, but it makes the most sense to send him down where he can get big minutes. Unless the plan is to play Backlund at RW until he can find his stride coming back from injury -- then maybe we could keep Granlund up longer.

That or we could trade away a forward. I'd be willing to part with Glencross or Jones, if possible. That would open things up a bit.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be fine with something like:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Hudler

Glencross-Backlund-Jones

Raymond-Granlund-Colborne

Bollig-Stajan-Jooris

Bouma, Byron

Granlund, Bollig, Byron, Jooris, Raymond, Bouma, Jones, and Colborne can rotate as the extra forwards. They play 3 out of 4 games, keeps them hungry, and you can play the hot hand.

That said, Granlund hasn't been great lately so I am fine with him being sent down and McGrattan riding the bench as well.

But isn't the second pressbox spot taken by the 7th Dman?

How do we get a rotation for the prospects with McGratten?

You get a 23 man roster. Only 2 goalies, 12 forwards, and 6 D play each night so you get 3 healthy scratches. Usually 2 forwards and 1 D.

Maybe a stupid question, can Granlund be sent down without clearing waivers? If so than this would be the correct move. If not than we have many players to waive. Grats would be the first guy to fall in the forward category, Potter on the defensive side, scratching Diaz.

AS popular as Grats is on this club, he would be the 1st one to be waived if it comes to it. The business side of this has to trump the emotional side. Grats is a great team guy great ambassador for many things but he is not the answer to the future. He represents a part of the game that is quickly becoming extinct.

I think Backlund would be a better fit with Gaudreau and Hudler plus he doesn't play well with Glencross. Colborne has some chemistry with Monahan so I would try and take advantage of that. Hartley needs to settle in on the top two lines and then there are all kinds of combinations he can assemble for the 3 or the 4th lines.

I could see the benefit of giving Bouma some rest here and there but he is good to have on the ice.

I can't imagine he is simply ok with not playing especially when they keep throwing Byron out there.

Hard do say. I'm sure he'd rather be playing than not, but maybe he would rather ride his contract out and retire than be sent to the AHL. He has nothing left to prove as a figher, and I couldn't blame him if he doesn't want to get punched in the head much more at his age.

In any event, I would think that he if wanted a trade or to be sent to the AHL to play, it would have happened by now. So I assume he's content to remain on the NHL roster and maybe play a handful of games over the rest of the season.

Maybe a stupid question, can Granlund be sent down without clearing waivers? If so than this would be the correct move. If not than we have many players to waive. Grats would be the first guy to fall in the forward category, Potter on the defensive side, scratching Diaz.

AS popular as Grats is on this club, he would be the 1st one to be waived if it comes to it. The business side of this has to trump the emotional side. Grats is a great team guy great ambassador for many things but he is not the answer to the future. He represents a part of the game that is quickly becoming extinct.

Yes Granlund can go down without having to clear waivers.

Archived