Prediction for playoff teams in the West.

Tri1ickshot

Does anyone have this feeling that Barry Trotz was holding back the Nashville Predators all these years?  He was the problem.  They got rid of him and now the sky is the limit.

Maybe not an "intentional" blocker, but a definite possibility.  Every coach has their own strengths and limits, and perhaps he had taught all that he was able to.  In that sense, I kinda place the blame on the management for not having that kind of conversation with him sooner, and discovering that they'd plateaued and needed a "next step(s)" coach to come in.

Then again, hindsight is 20/20, right?

Does anyone have this feeling that Barry Trotz was holding back the Nashville Predators all these years?  He was the problem.  They got rid of him and now the sky is the limit.

Trotz never had Ribeiro, Neal, Forsberg or Josi.  These 4 players have been providing 40% of Pred's offense.

The Caps are presently a playoff team under Trotz, only 3 wins behind Pred's.  That gap will likely close now with Rinne out.

The two teams face each other Friday, should be interesting.  

Just over the half way mark by a few games and time to have another look at the West:

0cb7f37c56aa99ce561f9d11b3aa7f19.png

1. Biggest Surprises?

2. Biggest Disappointments?

1. For me the biggest surprise would be Nashville. They were tops in the league lately and until a Rinne injury came out of nowhere.

2. I suppose the Oilers in the sense I expected they would make some small gains in the standings. As long as they play well enough to stay out of a top 3 pick I won't be too sad.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeing as the replies will be short we can add the east here too:

Just over the half way mark by a few games and time to have another look at the East:

2213df57e130db1433debb37eef947b4.png

1. Biggest Surprises?
2. Biggest Disappointments?

1. I expected the Islanders to contend for a playoff spot but not contend for top spot in east. Washington a close 2nd here.

2. Last years Stanley Cup finalist & Boston both struggling this much.......

Archived