Sven Baertschi

JTech780

Where will Baertschi end up?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. N/A (Sorry I could't figure out how to clear the poll results)

2. 2. N/A (Sorry I could't figure out how to clear the poll results)

Even counting his first 7 games, Sven has the best points-per-game of any LW that has played on the farm this season. I don't get why people are still down on him. He's showing what he can do and he should definitely be Glenx' replacement once he's traded. I love Ferland as much as the next person, but Sven is just so much better and he shows it when he is actually given ice time. 

I don't think he is remotely close to a replacement for Glenx.

Glenx has gone to war for years for the Flames. Sven has talent but hasn't gone to war yet...

Different players.. Different styles.. Would you even consider putting Sven out against LA's Kopitar line?? Pens Crosby or Malkin lines?  I Rest my case....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think he is remotely close to a replacement for Glenx.

Glenx has gone to war for years for the Flames. Sven has talent but hasn't gone to war yet...

Different players.. Different styles.. Would you even consider putting Sven out against LA's Kopitar line?? Pens Crosby or Malkin lines?  I Rest my case....

True, but you can't rely on Bouma to be a second scoring line every night either. Backs is the best center we have for a shutdown line, and Bouma one of the better shutdown LW. Use that against Kopitar, etc.

Baertschi for 2nd with Vancouver :o     Whaaaat?

Now it's going to be harder for Adirondack to win against the Utica Comets :P

The Baertschi superfans around here are going to be major choked!

We now have for the 2015 draft: 1 x 1st, 3 x 2nd, and 2 x 3rd round picks....

I hope he does well. I had high hopes for him and good luck.

I agree deeds, hang on, see what he does in the Summer, but he could've been good for a playoff push down in the A. But maybe they weren't making it anyway.

Still no sense.

He can probably almost crack the Vancouver roster now as is. Depends, but it's why I say almost. Van can use some depth scoring going into the playoffs.

For sure this was all he was worth alone, it's probably a smart move as he would have lower value the closer to training camp we got. But to trade him to a team in our division, one of our fiercest rivals bites. Trade him to the east if you must.

The only way this happens, in my mind at least, is if Ryan Huska's scouting report is that he's amounting to nothing more than a career AHLer and will end up in KHL in a couple years as an almost inevitability. I can't see how else Treliving could make this move.

Archived