Can we make the Playoffs this year?

Basti

Don't look now but the Avalanche have gone 7-3 in their last ten and are only 6 points back.  And have 4 games against the Tankers.  

Heres the Tankers remaining schedules against relevant teams:

Buffalo - Avs

Edmonton - Jets, Avs, Avs, Kings, Flames, Kings, Sharks, Canucks

Arizona - Kings, Avs, Canucks, Sharks, Sharks, Flames, Canucks

Avs have 4 games

Canucks, Sharks, and Kings have 3 games

Flames have 2 games

Jets have 1 game

Kinda scary that the Oilers hold so much of our fate in their hands. I know we have to take care of business on our end but still.  

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winnipeg sputtering & now Los Angeles is projecting into the 2nd wild card slot.

Calgary remains in 3rd Pacific due to tiebreakers.

In an ideal world all the contenders around us would wither & make our task easier.

Since the OOT scoreboard is not currently giving us have that choice, I guess we will just have to continue winning & keep these threats in our blind spot & eventually our rearview mirror.

2014-15%20Playoff%20Projection%202015-0327630

Does anyone understand what happened to the Wild? It can't be just Dubnyk or Edmonton would've been doing this too. He's certainly a part of it, but what perfect storm lead to this resurgence?

DD was a plug for the hole in a leaking Wild dyke.

Oilers MacT destroyed his confidence with his answer when asked if DD was the #1. He answered if you have to ask???? this sent a clear message to DD that his play was suspect and he performed accordingly...

DD resurgence was in Arizona where they managed to get his confidence back. Their subsequent decision to tank and rebuild made him tradeable. 

And  DD is showing signs of being human again.. Don't expect Wild to keep up this same pace.

I would hope not. Even as it is they'l be tough to catch for any team in the race now. But we shall see

Winnipeg will be the one team to fall out. Mark my words (that will probably change in 24 hours)

I suspect that is the most likely option. Though I really REALLY hope its LA.

Does anyone understand what happened to the Wild? It can't be just Dubnyk or Edmonton would've been doing this too. He's certainly a part of it, but what perfect storm lead to this resurgence?

It's worth keeping in mind that both Parise and Suter had their fathers pass away this season/preseason.  They are close friends, so the stress of both having to deal with ailing and dying parents probably fed into each other and distracted from the game (understandably).  Parise's father passed in January after a lengthy battle with cancer.  Both have now had a chance to grieve and are now able to focus more on moving forward.  Their spirits are no doubt buoyed and that has likely affected their teammates as well.  In other words, the talent on the team is probably more represnted by the second half of the season than by the first.  Even if DD falters it is hard to see them fall out at this point.

2014-15%20Playoff%20Projection%202015-0328041

Aaaaaaand we're back to peach.  :)

This win tonight was exciting.  For the playoffs, for the Calder, for the shade of red on Boudreau's face, to see Getz throw a fit, and to see the ducks roasted for the 3rd straight game in a row.

Barring a collapse Minnesota and Vancouver look like they are in.  Its Calgary, Winnipeg, and LA fighting for 2 spots.  We are leading that pack and we have the easiest schedule.  It is definitely in our hands. 

LAK vs VAN isn't fun to watch, especially with OOT scoreboard watching.  Have to see how it all pans out.

Flames just need to do their part and keep winning.

Next segments:

• Boston, Detroit, Ottawa, Anaheim, Toronto, Colorado, St Louis,
  • Philadelphia, Columbus, Colorado, Dallas, Minnesota, Nashville, Dallas
  • St Louis, Edmonton, Arizona, LA, Winnipeg

The ones in bold are the games we should win.  Win those and find 2 more points in the other games and we will keep the pace.  Oddly enough I am not sure if that gives us enough points though.  It should be close.  

The Flames have picked up 7 of 8 pts to start segment 10, you are zero for 4 so far.  I thought you were on the bandwagoon?  LOL!

Just razzing you, I know your on the wagoon, but glad you were wrong with your predictions because we are that much further ahead.   :)

The Flames have picked up 7 of 8 pts to start segment 10, you are zero for 4 so far.  I thought you were on the bandwagoon?  LOL!

Just razzing you, I know your on the wagoon, but glad you were wrong with your predictions because we are that much further ahead.   :)

They weren't predictions.  I just bolded the teams out of the playoffs that we should be able to beat.  I am VERY happy we beat Boston, Anaheim, and Detroit.  

One of the biggest reasons Calgary is in this is because we won the season series against every team we are on the bubble with. The one exception is Minnesota who have beat us twice (once in OT). We play them one more time and get a little redemption.

In fact, looking at San Jose, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Minnesota, and LA our record so far is 11-4-2. We play Minnesota, Winnipeg, and LA one more time each. Regardless of the results we finish with winning records against Winnipeg and LA.

We seem to be able to win in the big games that really matter. Crunch teams are always dangerous. We haven't had one of those since the Sutter was the coach.

As much as I hate it, the safe thing to cheer for is for Vancouver to win all of those games in regulation. That basically knocks LA out and we slip in.

Huh?? Cheer for Vancouver??   nooooooo that is not happening here........ I'll go out and to a movie or something before I cheer on the Knuckleheads..

Archived