Can we make the Playoffs this year?

Basti

Except how he sucked last season playing in Nashville behind the best defense hes ever played behind. 

Bit hard to judge him on that, he only played 2 games with Nashville before Rinne came back from IR and he got demoted. Also it was right after getting traded from Edmonton, Nashvilles biggest issue with him was his conditioning (which has been an issue for almost every Oilers player when going to another team, Smid mentioned it, Nashville mentioned it with Dubnyk, the Blues mentioned it with Paajarvi).

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This team is clutch. That is the best definition of their performances.  They win the games they have to win.  They dominate third periods.  They score with their net empty.  They win in OT when it gets there.  if they make the playoffs they could be dangerous.  

HERE! HERE! I'll CHEERS that!!

Tomorrows game between SJ and Van sucks for us. If Van wins (Regulation), Calgary drops to third and SJ drops to 8th with a 3 way tie in points. If SJ wins (Regulation or OT/SO), Calgary drops to third. If Van wins in OT/SO Calgary drops to 8th and SJ goes back to Second. Honestly, I'm hoping it's a SJ Regulation win, because we've been dominating them this year (3-1-0) and figure our game against them on Monday we can get those points back again.

At this point I am just happy with amazing year we have had with the flames.... They went on 10 game losing streak but they fought back and turned it around. If we make the playoffs thats awesome if not it is clear Flames are on the right path keep up the good work boys and thanks for the entertainment.

Tomorrows game between SJ and Van sucks for us. If Van wins (Regulation), Calgary drops to third and SJ drops to 8th with a 3 way tie in points. If SJ wins (Regulation or OT/SO), Calgary drops to third. If Van wins in OT/SO Calgary drops to 8th and SJ goes back to Second. Honestly, I'm hoping it's a SJ Regulation win, because we've been dominating them this year (3-1-0) and figure our game against them on Monday we can get those points back again.

SJS regulation is indeed the best option this game because if we win vs. PIT we move back to second, or at the very least, can take back second on Monday.

Big weekend of scoreboard watching. Calgary only plays once. Fortunately those closest to us (San Jose, Vancouver, Winnipeg) also only play the one time.

But three if the four trailers (Dallas, Colorado, Minnesota) play twice. LA plays once.

I am almost more curious about the trailers then those we are in the mix with. We are starting to see a bit of a gap between those in the playoffs and those not. If that continues we make the playoffs. It's just a matter of placing.

But if the trailers get two wins this weekend and Calgary loses the pressure is on. Minnesota is the biggest threat right now that they are getting goal tending, especially with two games in hand.

Big weekend of scoreboard watching. Calgary only plays once. Fortunately those closest to us (San Jose, Vancouver, Winnipeg) also only play the one time.

But three if the four trailers (Dallas, Colorado, Minnesota) play twice. LA plays once.

I am almost more curious about the trailers then those we are in the mix with. We are starting to see a bit of a gap between those in the playoffs and those not. If that continues we make the playoffs. It's just a matter of placing.

But if the trailers get two wins this weekend and Calgary loses the pressure is on. Minnesota is the biggest threat right now that they are getting goal tending, especially with two games in hand.

Kehatch, you know how hard it is to make up a game. Loser point available to teams above you if all they do is tie. 4 point swings when they play a team ahead of them. The mental sode of chasing multiple teams when everyone plays each other. You think you gain on 8th and somebody passes that team to be a higher placed 8th.

We haven't played PITTS when firing on all cylinders before. We are now.

San Jose should win. Vancouver is winning. But like I said above I am more worried about the teams checking. LA is always a threat. Minnesota is killing it since getting Dubnyk. Those two teams and Winnipeg scare me.

I would be very surprised if either Vancouver or San Jose actually fall out of the playoffs. I see it as Winnipeg, Calgary, Minnesota, and LA fighting it out for two spots.

That isn't to say I am not watching Vancouver and San Jose. I would love to move up out of the wild card spots. But I think those are the teams we are fighting with to actually make the playoffs.

I'm not too worried about the wild. As long as wee stay above .500 they can't catch us. Devon is hot right now, but once he cools down, then they're screwed and mark my words he will cool down. If we can beat LA again, then they will be pretty much eliminated from the playoff chase. I am confident in this group. I haven't seen the flames play with a sense of purpose in 6 years. This team is something special

I'm not too worried about the wild. As long as wee stay above .500 they can't catch us. Devon is hot right now, but once he cools down, then they're screwed and mark my words he will cool down. If we can beat LA again, then they will be pretty much eliminated from the playoff chase. I am confident in this group. I haven't seen the flames play with a sense of purpose in 6 years. This team is something special

No question that the Flames have control with 5 points ahead of the nearest team. But Minnesota has a couple of games in hand which could drop that to a single point. Plus LA always seems to figure things out here.

I hope we keep fighting San Jose and Vancouver for a better seeding. But it is LA or Minnesota or another talking team that are threatening to knock us out. So I am more interested in what they do compared to Van and SJ.

Damn Dubnyk! It figures a former Oiler would be the one to screw with us. Minnesota is starting to scare me a bit. 5 game win streak, 5 points behind, two games in hand. Yeah, we'd be one point ahead even if the win those two in hand, but they are starting to worry me.

Damn Dubnyk! It figures a former Oiler would be the one to screw with us. Minnesota is starting to scare me a bit. 5 game win streak, 5 points behind, two games in hand. Yeah, we'd be one point ahead even if the win those two in hand, but they are starting to worry me.

call out to your voodoo friends for help.. this is/will be no problem.....

I think that if we're going to lose games, we have to start getting some of them to OT so that we can at least get the loser points. Although, with that said, we have a lot of points from winning in OT as well. So we'd have a good chance of winning in OT if we got it there. But our best case on losses are loser points. I think it would help with getting into the post-season. 

Everything that leaves the Oilers turns to gold.

I think that if we're going to lose games, we have to start getting some of them to OT so that we can at least get the loser points. Although, with that said, we have a lot of points from winning in OT as well. So we'd have a good chance of winning in OT if we got it there. But our best case on losses are loser points. I think it would help with getting into the post-season.

To be fair, a good portion of our losses are ones where we failed to come back when losing after 2. Those are somewhat offset by our comebacks.

We have:

• 3 Shootout wins
  • 1 Shootout loss
  • 7 OT wins
  • 2 OT losses

2014-15PlayoffProjection2015-02-08_zps0c 15601

Them OIL had better pull their socks up or the'll find themselves on the outside looking in.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

All kidding aside, the Flames have got their work cut out.  21 of their final 29 games are vs teams either in, or fighting for a playoff spot.  The other 8 games are vs teams with nothing to loss, which are often the tougher games.   Need 16 more wins, starting tonight.  GO FLAMES!

Archived