Fantasy Hockey - Pools - Leagues - Talk

DirtyDeeds

I decided to bite the bullet and join the Flames one here from these forums. Never been in one so hoping to kick some butt.

However I was surprised to not see a bunch of threads on this popular pastime.

here it is..

Post your weblinks

Post your failures and successes

Post your thoughts

post your advice

Smack talk allowed but in small portions okay??

Where are some good study website for me the fantasy Hockey noobie??

Good call DD, and belated Happy Birthday I see is in order!

I believe there are still some seats available in this site's pool so might just as well advertise that fact as well.

It'd be fun to see some of the more avid posters here contact peeps to join.

1st kick at the can for you can be tough in this pool, but not necessarily. If you need any guidance just ask here or on the pool site. Everyone's very open to help and not steer you wrong.

I'm reigning champ, which history dictates I'm about to finish this season out of the mix, but whatev, it's a fun pool.

I know, peeps, I know, you won back to back, but that was back in the Original 6 days, and like most of MTL's Stanley Cups, doesn't really count! :P

Good luck all, and yeah, in the spirit of competition, how does my butt look from waaaay down there haha!

I don't think you'll have too much trouble Deeds, last year was my first and I didn't have any major issues. 

Around the slow mid/late season stage last year I promised myself I wouldn't join any pools this year haha. It's been tempting but I'm holding out.

Sorry buddy, didn't mean to crush your dreams!

You crushed it in your rookie year! Sad to hear it...

Sorry buddy, didn't mean to crush your dreams!

You crushed it in your rookie year! Sad to hear it...

Oh it wasn't anything to do with placement, just the drag of managing starting goalies and injuries over such a long season. Trying not to make mistakes or waste any points just felt like such a chore sometimes but I promised I'd see it through when I signed up so I stuck it out  :) (If Deeds is reading this, what I really mean to say is it's incredibly fun and you're going to love every minute of it  :ph34r: )

Speaking of Albatross', I agree.

Last year I drafted Lehtonen and Fasth.

Most year's I end up with one goalie out of the draft.

Hardest position in pools, without a doubt.

As for last year, I don't think it would have mattered how much anyone perfected their goaltending.

I kicked everyone around pretty handily.

Some might be thinking, "well it's a pretty crappy pool if you won", and maybe you're right.

There are some great poster's that don't post much anymore, just definitely some great people from 'round here past and present.

Very respectful and open, despite the fact that I pwned the lot and likely will again this year.... :lol::o

We're still looking for more to join the pool.

Yahoo has built some apps for Apple and Androids to help make managing your pool less of a "chore", which I agree can become a chore from January onward when the pool standings don't change much from that point forward.  We're always up for suggestions, like, maybe we change the format to Head-To-Head or something like that.  Maybe more wild stats like Game Winning Goals are tripled in value or something.

Anyways, the pool has been ongoing since 2003.  Always welcoming message board members to come join us and willing to adapt the rules to the changing times.

==

Dailyfaceoff might be your most important source of Fantasy information for updated line combinations, starting goaltenders for the night, and injury updates.  Don't follow the Panthers and don't know who's the second line RW?  No worries, dailyfaceoff.

http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/lines/17/calgary-flames

Hey guys, I am interested in the pool. I have never taken part in a pool outside of work so I need some direction on how I get involved.

I am not saying I am amazing or even good, I just enjoy taking long shots at times and getting the reactions from the naysayers...lol

All joking aside I enjoy the whole being involved thing, let me know how to go about signing up please!!!

Hey guys, I am interested in the pool. I have never taken part in a pool outside of work so I need some direction on how I get involved.

I am not saying I am amazing or even good, I just enjoy taking long shots at times and getting the reactions from the naysayers...lol

All joking aside I enjoy the whole being involved thing, let me know how to go about signing up please!!!

send a PM to The_People1 and he can get you setup..

Archived