Fire Feaster!

Timhunter54

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow man.  How can any sane person look at this trade and not say that the Flames would have been better off keeping Iginla and letting him retire as  a Flame?

If you are going to move THE face of the franchise, your best player, the best since the guy they traded to get Iginla here in the first place, you had better have a darn good return.  I'm sorry to say this but this is by far Feasters biggest blunder since taking over this team.  It is a horrible trade.

EDIT:  Wow, now it's pittsburgh... what's the deal?

EDIT 2: 1st, Ken agostino, Ben Hanowski.  Feaster got ripped

The Pittsburgh deal is still a poor deal. Not as bad as announced (conditional) but it's a gamble deal, which you don't want to do for a guy like Iginla. Again, Brendan Morrow deal was better than Iginla's. Just my opinion. Also that our new prospects aren't signed. We don't know what lies ahead.

The Pittsburgh deal is still a poor deal. Not as bad as announced (conditional) but it's a gamble deal, which you don't want to do for a guy like Iginla. Again, Brendan Morrow deal was better than Iginla's. Just my opinion. Also that our new prospects aren't signed. We don't know what lies ahead.

I'd have to wait to see what happens with the pick before we can make a judgement.  Maybe it's used and it's a better player long term than Morrow, maybe the third that went to Dallas is no better than Agostino and Hanowski.  Maybe we trade the pick for other assets, who knows bottom line is wait and see.  

I'd have to wait to see what happens with the pick before we can make a judgement.  Maybe it's used and it's a better player long term than Morrow, maybe the third that went to Dallas is no better than Agostino and Hanowski.  Maybe we trade the pick for other assets, who knows bottom line is wait and see.  

Sorry but with 'ifs' you build losing teams. Easy to say after a bad trade ''what if''. That's why the one who gets THE better player always will win a trade. 

I feel like every team in the league is laughing at us... still... Are you kidding me? there had to be better prospects we could have gotten than that! what a joke!!! Making Burke look pretty dam good to me! AWFUL trade!! sad to see Iggy leave no matter what, but for that????? BOO

not everyone in the league is laughing at you guys, well maybe just not the pens lol. we in Edmonton are though, have fun in the next 7 years of rebuilding and get used to that fat prick trading all your talent for basically nothing so you can bomb and collect draft picks for 4 years like we did.

Good luck to iggy though, love the guy and hope he gets a cup out of this whole debacle 

Guys remember something. There were at least 3 deals on the table and Iggy vetoed all of them except the Penguins deal. This was not just Feaster who was involved.

People always forget this aspect of Iginla. 

The guy probably had more influence on the Flames futile playoff push and his relationship with the Owners than anyone else.

Zirak, your Pens are over the top now.

Probably going to win not just this Cup but next years as well… 

Shero is the man...

And you are going to have a million Flames fans on your Pens bandwagon - lol.

Guys remember something. There were at least 3 deals on the table and Iggy vetoed all of them except the Penguins deal. This was not just Feaster who was involved.

I'm not so sure.....Iginla submitted a "list" of teams, it was up to Feaster and Weisbrod to get the best deal.  I don't think Iggy had the final say.  I haven't read anything that would suggest that either.  Perhaps I missed something along the way.

I can live with that. I think after all the crap he had to go through in Calgary (in 2004 the Flames won the Cup, and nothing anyone says to me can change that. F*cking zebra. F*cking lack of video review.) he deserves to choose. And honestly, if all the deals on the table were this "meh", it really wouldn't matter, we'd get hosed either way.

If Pittsburgh doesn't win a Cup for Iggy, Geno and co. might (by some strange coincidence) find baby powder in every nook and cranny of every piece of equipment they own. And through some strange coincidence, none of the trainers will be around (they'll be found in a storage room bound and gagged later) and will thus be forced to clean all of it themselves. By some strange coincidence.

I can live with that. I think after all the crap he had to go through in Calgary (in 2004 the Flames won the Cup, and nothing anyone says to me can change that. F*cking zebra. F*cking lack of video review.) he deserves to choose. And honestly, if all the deals on the table were this "meh", it really wouldn't matter, we'd get hosed either way.

If Pittsburgh doesn't win a Cup for Iggy, Geno and co. might (by some strange coincidence) find baby powder in every nook and cranny of every piece of equipment they own. And through some strange coincidence, none of the trainers will be around (they'll be found in a storage room bound and gagged later) and will thus be forced to clean all of it themselves. By some strange coincidence.

Well he didn't walk as a UFA. I thought the Flames would be slightly better brining them to bubble team and then they would go for it again, barely missing the playoffs and then walk. Oh well.

The only buffer in the entire situation is how happy I am for Iggy. PENS are the best place for him.

However, hold onto your hats people and watch the rest of the show. I think by the time Feaster and Co get done at the trade deadline, it's gonna make the 90's look like the glory days.

Flames ownership, please start our rebuild with new management. 

Don't go the Fleece and Famine route !!!

Before everyone goes off on to some tangent about how bad a trade it "MIGHT" be. Remember the fact that if Iggy decided to waive his NTC and give a list then either Feaster asked him to waive or Iggy said "I'm out", and if the latter is the case, if we didn't trade then it is highly likely we end the season, Iggy goes UFA and we get a big, steamy pile of Nothing

I understand emotions are high, Iggy is (And always will be) the Flames, but let's atleast let the dust settle before we go shooting anybody.  We "Know" Iggy's been traded and we received 1st pick + prospects, that's it everything else is purely speculation.

~Cheers~

I'm not so sure.....Iginla submitted a "list" of teams, it was up to Feaster and Weisbrod to get the best deal.  I don't think Iggy had the final say.  I haven't read anything that would suggest that either.  Perhaps I missed something along the way.

In Feaster's presser he basically said Iggy chose the Pens deal with the NMC/NTC he not only submitted the teams but was part of the decision process as well.

Good Luck Iggy!

Fine, but if you are getting so little return then you don't trade him.  Iginla didn't demand a trade out of town, he was asked if he would submit a list.

You don't know this... for all we know Iggy asked to be traded and submitted his list, we know (Think was last year???) he said he didn't want to be part of a rebuild situation, he continued with the team to see how/if things were looking up but so far were no closer, if not farther, from winning a cup. 

Plus it's Iggy's final say on a trade destination due to the NTC/NMC. So don't jump the gun and start making assumptions that may or may not be true without having evidence.

I say let's move on, thank Iggy for the wonderful years with him, and look forwards for things to come

~Cheers~ 

Fine, but if you are getting so little return then you don't trade him.  Iginla didn't demand a trade out of town, he was asked if he would submit a list.

Wrong. Iginla didn't want an extension. He had to be traded. This is as much Iggy's deal as it is Feaster's.

Are you stupid or do you have some sort of learning disability.   Honest question.

Why don't you trade him, so he can earn 15 more points as a Flame and THEN walk for nothing?  We aren't going to the playoffs this year and its been obvious for 2 months that this is the case.

Iggy wanted to play for the Pens and Feaster did the best I think anyone could.

The Pens are loading for Bear and a run on the cup.  They aren't interested in trading roster players or near roster (depth) players because they will need these guys it people get banged up.  One Iggy decided they were the dance partner the best you could hope for is picks and prospects.

Feaster pulls 2 forwards (we desperately need forwards) who look like they could form a line with our First pick in the last draft.  2-3 years from now if things work out really well they could be something.  The draft pick he got is an unconditional first so it's probably 30th but it's still another pick, one that could be packaged with our second to garner a top 10-15 pick potentially if there is someone who thinks their first choice won't go early.  We were such a dance partner last draft there is certainly the possibility that we will find one this draft.

Additionally Iggy is obviously a pure rental for the Pens so that means that there is potential we could re-sign him and do the song and dance over again.  I didn't think it would be possible but then I didn't think there would be anyone looking at Iggy as purely a rental player.

If the Pens do re-Sign Iggy then they are going to be needing to dump some roster players to make it back under the cap and that means we could be signing those players, hell maybe even trade back the Pens first pick for one of them.

All in all it is the best we could hope for in this situation and an hell of a lot better than what Boston was offering.  If we wanted real assets from Iggy then we needed to trade him when I started calling for it.  Hint Hint that would be 3-4 years ago.  He was in the middle of his contract and still a genuine first liner and would have netted significant return.

At this point, on a good team, he's a 1b / 2 line guy, who is pretty much a rental and who is a UFA at the end of the season.

Seriously what did you people expect back Malkin?? Dupuis??  

Good Lawd!

I, for one, am happy for Iggy and happy for us.  This is the chance to start changing, fundamentally, the culture and identity of the team lets hope Feaster makes the most of it.

Archived