You Can Vent Here.

DirtyDeeds

Yes I see a few comments here and there on the forums about how we should boycott the 1st game or more games. I see the lingering frustrations and continued anger towards the league or players and sometimes both.

Vent here if you like. Just try to keep the swearing and try to keep it civil. This is a family website you know.....

If you get it out of your system and want to show some support for the Flames, the New Bandwagon thread is up and running now.

The best way to hit the league would be in revenue....

I.e pass on a ticket here and there.

Pass on merchandise.

If you have a ratings box on your tv, do not watch the game on that tv. Go to the bar or a buddies home.

If you are hardcore... Find out which bars are owned by players or owners and avoid those... I.e Moxies here are owned by theAquilinis...

You real hardcore... Do some greater research to avoid other businesses like Rexall or Bell/Rogers... Telus Optic TV is awesome anyways.. So that's an easy switch.

Have fun...

Yes I see a few comments here and there on the forums about how we should boycott the 1st game or more games. I see the lingering frustrations and continued anger towards the league or players and sometimes both.

Vent here if you like. Just try to keep the swearing and try to keep it civil. This is a family website you know.....

If you get it out of your system and want to show some support for the Flames, the New Bandwagon thread is up and running now.

Wow, you lasted almost halfway through a week-long training camp! :lol:

I will follow the standings, watch the tsn highlights and catch a game only if I am out and that is what they are playing.

I have already cancelled centre ice for the year and plan to make absolutely no purchases of tickets or swag for the season.

The only way I see that breaking is if the Flames actually make a for reals cup run (ie win me back with the product as they have stated is the plan).

Next season, if they have won me over, I might open up the money taps again but it won't be automatic and probably won't be as much. I have already found other venues for my entertainment cash and don't see the NHL being "more fun" than most of what I am doing with my money now.

I know I just won't be signing up for Centre Ice ever again, not having it and I am completely not missing it in any way shape or form. It's some easy cash that can go into poker nights (my new found hobby) with some friends and brewskies.

Wow, you lasted almost halfway through a week-long training camp! :lol:

What exactly do you mean I lasted halfway through a week training camp?

I started the New Bandwagon thread on Jan 6th.

My personal stand on the lockout is sprinkled throughout these forums. I reserved the right to both cheer for my team and hold on to the grudge for what they have done to our game. They will pay in lost revenues at least from my pocket.

I won't be buying anything NHL for years. I usually pickup something with a logo on it each year.

I won't be buying any tickets for games. I gave mine(seasons tickets) up from a previous lockout/strike.

You won't find my name on any seasons ticket waiting list, ever.

I no longer subscribe the HD channels(SNet & TSN's) They charge extra for those channels. I'll make do with a crappy webfeed if I can't find it on regular programming.

I will still watch my favorite sport. I'll just do it from home or go to a local pub where they can get some of my entertainment $$.

Most Canadian Hockey Fans aren't about to drop their national sport.

So that begs the question...

Am I supposed to stop cheering for my team? or

Why would I punish myself? I didn't do anything to deserve that.

I did this thread so people can vent. That is a good way to start the healing process. If you fall into the "just glad to have hockey back group" then I pointed them to the bandwagon thread where they can find like minded fans.

What exactly do you mean I lasted halfway through a week training camp?

I started the New Bandwagon thread on Jan 6th.

My personal stand on the lockout is sprinkled throughout these forums. I reserved the right to both cheer for my team and hold on to the grudge for what they have done to our game. They will pay in lost revenues at least from my pocket.

I won't be buying anything NHL for years. I usually pickup something with a logo on it each year.

I won't be buying any tickets for games. I gave mine(seasons tickets) up from a previous lockout/strike.

You won't find my name on any seasons ticket waiting list, ever.

I no longer subscribe the HD channels(SNet & TSN's) They charge extra for those channels. I'll make do with a crappy webfeed if I can't find it on regular programming.

I will still watch my favorite sport. I'll just do it from home or go to a local pub where they can get some of my entertainment $$.

Most Canadian Hockey Fans aren't about to drop their national sport.

So that begs the question...

Am I supposed to stop cheering for my team? or

Why would I punish myself? I didn't do anything to deserve that.

I did this thread so people can vent. That is a good way to start the healing process. If you fall into the "just glad to have hockey back group" then I pointed them to the bandwagon thread where they can find like minded fans.

I just would have assumed you'd have wound up in the OP more is all, so I thought maybe you'd like a good winding up! :ph34r:

What the heck, you can't compartmentalize everything, you'd need a bigger compartment!

Archived