Eastern Conference Predictions 2013

The_People1

1. Pittsburgh Penguins - Crosby healthy and rested.

2. Boston Bruins - Still got that Cup core.

3. Washington Capitals - Last season was just a hiccup. Green is healthy.

4. New York Rangers - Adding Nash helps. Emerging blueline looks tough to beat.

5. Philadelphia Flyers - Solid, but don't have the blueline and goaltending to match others in division.

6. New Jersey Devils - No Parise but Parise was somewhat invisible last year anyways.

7. Tampa Bay Lightning - Goaltending is huge question mark, again. But Stamkos could win league MVP.

8. Winnipeg Jets - This is the year.

--

9. Florida Panthers - Last year was a fluke.

10. Ottawa Senators - Hard working group of kids but just not enough seasoned talent, yet.

11. Buffalo Sabres - Had the roster to make the playoffs last year but don't know what happened.

12. Toronto Maple Leafs - There's enough on the roster to stay out of the absolute basement.

13. Carolina Hurricanes - A one line team with possibly the worst blueline in the entire NHL.

14. New York Islanders - Should be ranked higher but plays in a nasty division.

15. Montreal Canadiens - Wishes there could be 3 amnesty buyouts this summer.

1. Pittsburgh Penguins - Crosby healthy and rested.

2. Boston Bruins - Still got that Cup core.

3. Washington Capitals - Last season was just a hiccup. Green is healthy.

4. New York Rangers - Adding Nash helps. Emerging blueline looks tough to beat.

5. Philadelphia Flyers - Solid, but don't have the blueline and goaltending to match others in division.

6. New Jersey Devils - No Parise but Parise was somewhat invisible last year anyways.

7. Tampa Bay Lightning - Goaltending is huge question mark, again. But Stamkos could win league MVP.

8. Winnipeg Jets - This is the year.

--

9. Florida Panthers - Last year was a fluke.

10. Ottawa Senators - Hard working group of kids but just not enough seasoned talent, yet.

11. Buffalo Sabres - Had the roster to make the playoffs last year but don't know what happened.

12. Toronto Maple Leafs - There's enough on the roster to stay out of the absolute basement.

13. Carolina Hurricanes - A one line team with possibly the worst blueline in the entire NHL.

14. New York Islanders - Should be ranked higher but plays in a nasty division.

15. Montreal Canadiens - Wishes there could be 3 amnesty buyouts this summer.

Don't see Tampa in the playoffs just yet. Goaltending not any better with Lindback.

1. Boston

2. Pittsburgh

3. Washington

4. Philadelphia

5. NY Rangers

6. Ottawa

7. New Jersey

8. Buffalo

-------------

9. Carolina

10. Winnipeg

11. Montreal

12. Tampa Bay

13. Toronto

14. Florida

15. NY Islanders

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure where to put this, but this seems like the best place. 

I had an opportunity to check out my first Leafs game a couple nights ago, and I took this photo of Ilya Kovalchuk. 

I've never sat at ice level before - usually I'm nosebleed riff-raff at the Saddledome when the Flames play the Oilers. 

It wasn't a great game, but I have to tell you that it was a lot of fun to watch Kovi play. He reads the game unbelievably well, and he talks at length. At every faceoff he gives direction, he makes plays, and he seems to play with a lot of heart. I know he gets some bad press around here, but to actually watch him close up was pretty cool, and it was pretty easy to see that he's a special player. 

Love. 

525315_10151516413990491_1035280134_n.jp

Archived