Medical Staff?

iggyfan1

I am thinking you meant trainers not medical staff.

Our trainers have an awesome record compared to most other teams in getting the players in shape and ready for the season.

I'll put my money on this last seasons injuries being a bit of a fluke, rather than something seriously wrong with our training.

Let's remember that prior to this season, Flames have had impecable history in terms of injuries. Kipper, Jbow, Iginla etc healthy and no major injuries. That eventually catches up to you IMO, call it karma, hockey gods or whatever you want.

I also don't think it was the injuries that hindered the playoff push. I think it was lack of chemistry and a poor start. When all the injured players came back at the same time, it was like starting the year over again, thus needing to find a groove and by the time they found a groove, it was too late.

So we may have been better playing the farm instead of bringing back guys. Or we could have done in more gradual than we did, as we totally screwed up in the end with the vets. I seriously think that certain vets were the reason we didn't make it, mostly because we weren't performing that great as a team prior to the injury plague.

Archived