Bill Arnold

I noticed something interesting while looking up Bill Arnolds stats today on Hockey Db:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=123266

It seems as though he may be joing the Gatineau Olympiques of the QMJHL. Leaving his college days behind, seemingly to pursue pro hockey next season, seeing as he will be eligible for the AHL next year.

Anyone hear anything official?

Another reason why I started this topic was to see what everyone thought about Arnold. Personally I think he is our most underrated prospects. He is putting up the points he has, playing an outstanding two-way game. I think we will get more of a feel for the kind of player he will become seeing him play more in the CHL.

Just via google, but don't see any news to the such. I've seen that on HockeyDB before if the rights are owned it shows up like that.

I like Arnold, but I wouldn't rank him too highly. He's still a decent prospect but he has a long way to go with his skating to become an NHL player so if he continues in that direction they will have a very solid prosepct on their hands. Upside could potentially be David Bolland if all goes well but I think more likely is a fringe AHLer - 4th line center ala Jones.

I noticed something interesting while looking up Bill Arnolds stats today on Hockey Db:

http://www.hockeydb.....php?pid=123266

It seems as though he may be joing the Gatineau Olympiques of the QMJHL. Leaving his college days behind, seemingly to pursue pro hockey next season, seeing as he will be eligible for the AHL next year.

Anyone hear anything official?

Another reason why I started this topic was to see what everyone thought about Arnold. Personally I think he is our most underrated prospects. He is putting up the points he has, playing an outstanding two-way game. I think we will get more of a feel for the kind of player he will become seeing him play more in the CHL.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's up with HockeyDB, but beside Gatineau Olympiques you will notice an asterisk. * and then at the bottom of the page, it says, "no longer on active roster". So, I am assuming, if he wanted to have played for Gatineau this season, he could have. He was drafted by Gatineau in the 11th round, 191st overall, in the 2009 QMJHL entry draft, but chose to go to Boston College instead.

Hopefully, he becomes a steal. He was ranked 47th overall and 36th amongst forwards in the 2010 NHL draft by The Scouting Report (how reputable they are, I don't know) but we picked him way down at 108th. Not sure why he fell so much, but I heard at one time, he weighed as much as 240lbs. Dropped it off now, and is a solid 210-215lbs.

A good sized forward who provides a lot of intangibles on the ice. While he isn’t the most flashy player, his willingness to compete hard, sacrifice his body and play a responsible game can not be overlooked. He’ll be attending Boston College where it will be a lot more indicative of what type of player he might become.

- The Scouting Report

But it seems as though, he will finish off the season in Boston College, and then perhaps, to the AHL or ECHL next year.

Here's a shootout goal I found of him while he was in the USHL, he's only just 16 here, but it looks pretty good when they show it in slow motion.

Hopefully, he becomes a steal. He was ranked 47th overall and 36th amongst forwards in the 2010 NHL draft by The Scouting Report (how reputable they are, I don't know) but we picked him way down at 108th. Not sure why he fell so much, but I heard at one time, he weighed as much as 240lbs. Dropped it off now, and is a solid 210-215lbs.

Skating and upside were the two main concerns. I read alot that he wsa not a great skater, and there is some truth to it although he is not a bad skater either, and there are some who question his upsdie at the NHL level.

Still, he was a good value pick in the 4th who I still think has a good shot at making the NHL evne if it's jsut as a 4th line center. He actually remind me alot of Blair jones albeit not quite as big in stature (i.e Height).

Skating and upside were the two main concerns. I read alot that he wsa not a great skater, and there is some truth to it although he is not a bad skater either, and there are some who question his upsdie at the NHL level.

Still, he was a good value pick in the 4th who I still think has a good shot at making the NHL evne if it's jsut as a 4th line center. He actually remind me alot of Blair jones albeit not quite as big in stature (i.e Height).

When watching the World Juniors Arnold stood out as being very slow to me

When watching the World Juniors Arnold stood out as being very slow to me

I thought he looked a bit slow too.

Sound, intelligent game, but not enough speed (against other 19 year olds) to look like he could make the jump to the NHL.

You never know how far people will develop though.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought he looked a bit slow too.

Sound, intelligent game, but not enough speed (against other 19 year olds) to look like he could make the jump to the NHL.

You never know how far people will develop though.

was looking at the stats for BC today and Arnold has really dipped offensively, he's behind Gaudreau in points now and has fallen to 4th or 5th. Its still a strong season for him and I am cautiously optimistic but I think a Jackman type role is the best we could expect from him if he makes the show (which is not a bad thing)

I don't think Arnold has top 6 potential. He isn't a high end prospect. But he has the size and two-way skill to potentially make it in the bottom 6 in the NHL.

I would say Gaudreau has much more potential but has a lower likelihood of reaching the NHL. Though if Gaudreau does make it he is one of our more exciting prospects. If he does make it we also have to come up with a nickname. I hate spelling Gaudreau.

I don't think Arnold has top 6 potential. He isn't a high end prospect. But he has the size and two-way skill to potentially make it in the bottom 6 in the NHL.

I would say Gaudreau has much more potential but has a lower likelihood of reaching the NHL. Though if Gaudreau does make it he is one of our more exciting prospects. If he does make it we also have to come up with a nickname. I hate spelling Gaudreau.

I think at best he is a 2nd liner dustin Brown like player. Other wise I see him as a reliable 3rd line 2 way forward.

Archived