Arnold Makes Team Usa

Great news for the Flames/Arnold!

Side note: USA has a strong team (like most years) Saad, Etem, Trouba, Bjugstad, Coyle, Forbort, Campbell.... (others)

Like you said Great news for flames and Arnold. This means that our plalyer development camp has been a positive impact on our prospects IMO, and you're right Team USa is a very solid team. Saad had great success in the blackhawk's camp, and he also made their roster. I think that their forward group is a 8 out of ten ratin while our is a 8.5, and Russian's is a 9.

I think we hold the upper hand when it comes to defense though, but the US has a very good goalie. It's going to be a hard turny for team Canada.

Very good news. By my count that's 3 prospects representing the Flames (Arnold, Baertschi, Grandlund) which is pretty solid representation, especially when it's considered the Flames have no prospects....

yes our prospect pool is very weak, but there are some in that pool that make it a prospect pool if you know what I mean

I wouldn't say that he was a long shot, but his size is a major disadvantage. You're right though next year will be his year.

it was obvious he was a long shot. he hardly played at all in the pre-tourney games, he was there for experience and no other reason. Gaudreau is a player who is top 6 or bust, and this year he is not a top 6 player

lol....

moving on...he's 2 points for 2 games in the world juniors so far

i never never watched much of the US game and he seemed pretty unnoticeable which isn't a bad thing since he is supposed to be in a defensive role. but on the rare occasion i noticed him on the rush he looked very slow.

I was suprised watching the game last night how much the US played Arnold and he was consdiered a big piece on the American team. As i usually find with Arnold, once he was in the defensive and offensive zones he was pretty good, but getting there is still a problem. Foot speed really hasn't improved that much since he was drafted.

I was suprised watching the game last night how much the US played Arnold and he was consdiered a big piece on the American team. As i usually find with Arnold, once he was in the defensive and offensive zones he was pretty good, but getting there is still a problem. Foot speed really hasn't improved that much since he was drafted.

IMO he was the most consistent US forward on the team this year. He played a solid two-way game, chipped in some points and was generally effective (when in the play).

Unfortunately, that is more a product of how the rest of the forward corps underachieved than any indication of his overall skill. He was always a slow but steady player, a potential 3rd or 4th line grinder, and he just played his game. But the rest of the guys were so poor-to-middling, that Arnold gets noticed for his steadiness.

IMO he was the most consistent US forward on the team this year. He played a solid two-way game, chipped in some points and was generally effective (when in the play).

Unfortunately, that is more a product of how the rest of the forward corps underachieved than any indication of his overall skill. He was always a slow but steady player, a potential 3rd or 4th line grinder, and he just played his game. But the rest of the guys were so poor-to-middling, that Arnold gets noticed for his steadiness.

And I would agree. I'm definetly not writing ARnold off or anything, but so far you havn't seen any improvement in his footspeed and his speed overal and if you don't he'll be an AHL. If he is able to get a little faster and more mobile he has a shot to be a solid NHL player.

Archived