Reinhart Watch

• 2 weeks later...

got a chance to see the ice and sakatoon play.

A game in which the hometown crowd got to see the ice do everything right except win the game thanks to saskatoon's netminders ( Varlamov ) stellar play stopping 37 shots and leading the Blades to a 3-1 win. Flames fans have something to look forward to in both Reinhart and Leach. Reinhart played all three zones, was used on the point on the power play, played top line for 5 on 5 and played with a man down.

Didn't matter what he was doing he looked good doing it. At least half a dozen shots on net, the lone Ice goal, and should have sealed a terrific Iggy like slapper to tie the game in the third, only to have it go off the heel of his stick.

He stood out enough to get 2nd star of the game. A player that seems to do everything well, if not spectacularly. Just a damn good hockey player.

have to admit I was more interested in seeing Leach play. Also played in every fasset of the game, used on the power play, penalty killing, five on five and looked good doing all of it. Quite good skater for a bigger guy, was very vocal on back end, and you can see why he also with Reinhart have and A on the jersey.

Had several good shots on net, played physicall, again a pretty good skater, and capped off the night by assisting on Reinharts goal, and showing some flair with a pretty good end to end rush on which Varlamov had to make a great save. Was the thrid star of the game. (Varlamov was 1)

These guys are keepers, if they cotinue to develop and I can see why Leach is starting to be talked about.

From what

• 3 weeks later...

Max Reinhart is again forcing us to ask the question of whether he's on a "hot streak", or if he has raised his game to a new, unexpected level. He finished last year with an impressive 79 points, but then blew everyone away with 27 points in 19 playoff games.

http://www.whl.ca/roster/show/id/651

This year, he started off slow but is still playing at a pace Very comparable with his playoff performance:

31 points and 12 goals in 23 games.

So....his playoff performance was Not a hot streak. It is now his standard pace.

But, he is now on Another "hot streak": 12 points and 4 goals in his last 6 games.

I'll ask the question: Is his recent pace of 2 points per game a "hot streak", or are we witnessing Max Reinhart raise the level of his game to unexpected heights, yet Again?

Keep in mind that despite being drafted a year earlier, Max is actually 19 years old...the same as Baertschi.

Draft the bro's & 3 Rhino Jr's beats a pair of Sedins B)

RhinoJrs.jpg

It was unfortunate that we traded Paul Reinhart to the Vancouver Canucks with Steve Bozek for what amounted to absolutely nothing.the summer before our 1989 Stanley Cup.

He was a big part of the phernomenal Flames teams from the 80's and I wished he could have shared in the Stanley Cup victory.

Draft the bro's & 3 Rhino Jr's beats a pair of Sedins B)

RhinoJrs.jpg

It was unfortunate that we traded Paul Reinhart to the Vancouver Canucks with Steve Bozek for what amounted to absolutely nothing.the summer before our 1989 Stanley Cup.

He was a big part of the phernomenal Flames teams from the 80's and I wished he could have shared in the Stanley Cup victory.

I think we should try and draft em all too. Griffin has been slowed alot by injury but he is IMO a top 5 talent and Sam I haven't seen play yet but wow, 16 years old and has 22 points in 26 games. He could turn into something special

I think we should try and draft em all too. Griffin has been slowed alot by injury but he is IMO a top 5 talent and Sam I haven't seen play yet but wow, 16 years old and has 22 points in 26 games. He could turn into something special

Is it just me, or could these kids be the illegitimate children of Cryin' Ryan?

post-424664-079831500 1322676200_thumb.jpeg

If we get the ave's 1st from the caps then we can draft a forward in the top five and then Griffin 11th over all :) :) :) :)

I would love to see a sam and max match up in a few years against the stupid sister in canook nation :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe these brothers will resemble the Stalls? I doubt it... I like Griffin. I think he will be a solid top 4, and eventually convert into a top 2.

Is Sam draft eligible 2013? or 2014?

He's 2014 eligible, and he is looking like a top 5 pick. Max was the one guy out of the bros who started off his junior career slowly. Both the younger ones burst onto the scene in their first seasons.

And who says they can't resemble the Staals? Reinhart was a great defenceman back in the day, he retired after scoring 57 points in 67 games for Vancouver in 89-90. After just 10 seasons and 648 games he had 559 points. I would argue that he woulda been a HHoF had he continued to play another 10 years. Whatever he had made him a special defenceman and gifted offensive player and it has passed onto the next generation. Max and Sam are both scoring, two-way centers like Eric and Jordan, and both Griffin and Marc are hard-to-play against top pairing defencemen. The comparisons run pretty deep. Maybe Max and Sam don't have the size of Eric and Jordan, but Max definitely has the potential to be a really good 2nd/3rd line center who pots 50+ points a season, and Sam looks like he could be a franchise center in the making.

Now all the Reinharts need is a lesser youngest brother who will spend his career in the minors....sorry Jared. No love for you.

Damn are you sure they're brothers? Max looks like his dad so I'll assume the other 2 take after their mother.

I love the nepotisim the NHL has. Is there any other major pro sport that has so many sibling or father/son combos?

If they are good enough why not draft the next 2 brothers.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So apparently Reinhart has two goals in 1 game down in Abby? Did I miss something

2goals on 2 shots!

Looks like some good young talent finally... Baertschi, Brodie, Bouma, Irving, Reinhart, Nemo.... Lets add another one at the draft!

• 6 months later...

Can anybody who's been watching Heat games comment on how Reinhart has been playing this year?

He's got 2 assists in 9 games and is -3. I assume he's been getting a lot time on the PK which has been VERY good.

Same as usual. Steady eddy. He doesn't stand out and he'll never be an offensive dynamo like Baertschi, but he always makes the right move. The points and +/- don't do him justice, he has been about as solid a 3rd/4th line center as can be expected (maybe even a little more so given the depth we have in the AHL). He's being used in all situations, but if he gets more offensive opportunities then look out.

actually I've noticed that Reinhart looks a little shaky out there. At times he kind of looks like a deer caught in the headlights. He's not as confident out there as I would have expected heading into the season. Nothing to worry about, it's only a matter of time until he gets his game going.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I did not get a chance to watch much of the game yesterday.  Can anyone bread down for me how Reinhart looked, who he played with, etc?

I see he was a -2 with 16 minutes of icetime, but I am wondering if that -2 tells the story.

He played with Backlund and Cervenka most of the night.

I thought he looked good out there, he was involved physically, battling in the corners. He looked strong on the puck at times.

I think he might have looked a little uncomfortable on the wing, and that's why he's going to start at center next game.

He played with Backlund and Cervenka most of the night.

I thought he looked good out there, he was involved physically, battling in the corners. He looked strong on the puck at times.

I think he might have looked a little uncomfortable on the wing, and that's why he's going to start at center next game.

thanks!

Archived