Heats Lines Next Season?

SO whats your opinion on how the heats lines are going to look? I believe this would be analright roster our D would be very strong, Not the best offence but good enough for the ahl.

Bouma/Wahl/Nemisz

Banks/Keith/Kotalik

Howse//Horak/Chucko

Meyer/Patterson/Cameron

Negrin/Brodie

Seabrook/Pelech

Breen/Meyers

Irviing

Ortio

I'm going to work off the premise that Brodie is going to be in the NHL because I belive he will. I'd like to say Bouma will but I doubt it and I dont' think Kotalik is going to stick around in NA to play in the AHL. Chucko is also a UFA that I don't believe they are going to bring back. I would have liked to see Stone back, but looking at this list I don't see the fit. If he's willing to compete for dpeth though by all means.

Banks/Wahl/Nemisz

Howse//Horak/Rhaeult

McMillan/Armstrong/Cunning

Mayer/Patterson/Cameron

Negrin/Seabrook

Breen/Pelech

Baldwin/Meyers

Irviing

Ortio

I doubt Chucko will be back, and I'm not convinced Meyers will either. I'm pretty sure the Heat would want to hold on to Quintin Laing as well. There's an outside chance that John Ramage will forgo his last year of NCAA and come to the Heat, but it's doubtful. Kotalik will be gone to europe. I doubt he wants to spend a full season in the AHL. Also, you forgot about Logan MacMillan.

Laing/Wahl/Nemisz

Bancks/Armstrong/Rheault

Howse/Horak/Meyer

MacMillan/Patterson/Cameron

Grantham

Negrin/Pelech

Breen/Seabrook

Baldwin/Meyers

Nyren

Irving

Ortio

I just cant see howse and horak making the second line though, Not many players make the transition well. Look at Cameron, he was the highest scorer in the Whl and yet he couldn't make the jump. I just cant see howse and horak especially horak making that big of a jump. When really thinking about it i can see howse and Horak playing maybe along side of Cameron. I might just be a skeptic but i don't believe that horak could play second line.

I just cant see howse and horak making the second line though, Not many players make the transition well. Look at Cameron, he was the highest scorer in the Whl and yet he couldn't make the jump. I just cant see howse and horak especially horak making that big of a jump. When really thinking about it i can see howse and Horak playing maybe along side of Cameron. I might just be a skeptic but i don't believe that horak could play second line.

1st off, Cameron was the leading scorer of the OHL. Second he was an overager. So when Ryan Howse just about led the league in goal scoring he was 19, Cameron was 21. Thats a HUGE difference in the CHL.

I don't doubt that the two of them would be the catalist to the 2nd line. They are both known for their great skating, and great offensive games. Cameron however was a more cash and bang the net guy in junior, with great linemates.

I probrobly would pencill in Howse on the first line before we aquired Horak. But you cant pass up their chemistry.

I like Cross's lines most(Just coppied them)

Bancks/Wahl/Nemisz

Howse/Horak/Rhaeult

McMillan/Armstrong/Cunning

Mayer/Patterson/Cameron

Negrin/Seabrook

Breen/Pelech

Baldwin/Meyers

Irving

Ortio

I love Bancks on the top line. He just does everything well. He's one of the Dark horses on the farm to make the Flames in the next couple of years IMO.

Patterson is an interesting one too. He can move up and down in the lineup, and seems to be able to produce. He was playing really well at the end of the year.

If Irving takes another step in his development, and has a great year, I think this could be an awsome season.

I think Kotalik will be in the KHL

I don't think Baldwin, Meyers, Keetley, Chucko, Cunning or Carpentier have a chance to play at the NHL level so I'm not extending their NHL contracts. I'll offer Baldwin, Meyers, and Cunning AHL contracts.

I'd Like to keep Bancks and Rheault in the organization so if I have to offer them NHL contracts I'd consider it (hopefully they'll sign AHL contracts like last year).

I'm re-singing Pelech, Armstrong, and Irving. I think Stone is probably gone, I wouldn't mind him on the Flames but I doubt he'd accept a two-way contract so I don't expect to see him on the Heat

Rheault-Wahl-Nemisz

Bancks-Horak-Howse

Meyer-Armstrong-Bouma

MacMillan-Patterson-Cunning

Cameron Grantham *Laing* *Keith*

Brodie-Breen

Pelech-Negrin

Seabrook-*Meyers*

*Baldwin* *Piskula*

Irving

Ortio

Wouldn't mind bringing back Laing or Piskula for leadership and depth, but I'd like the see some of the leadership and the captancy letters start to handed out to our own prospects more this year.

I don't see how any of these forward can make the Flames out of camp with how many roster players we have. Brodie may make it, and then I play Seabrook with Breen.

Finally the organization/Horak has to decide where he should play. If he's on the wing sign Matt Keith to another AHL contract as the 2'nd line center between Horak and Howse.

Should be a good team! Go Abby Go!!!

I would look to add a guy like Alexandre PIcard or Jeremy Williams to Abbotsford to help out with some offense. My lines would look like.

Picard/Wahl/Nemisz

Howse/Horak/Bancks

Meyer/Armstrong/Grantham

MacMillan/Patterson/Cameron

Negrin/Seabrook

Breen/Pelech

Baldwin/Meyers

Irving

Ortio

I really hope the Flames pick up some top minor league talent to play in Abbotford next season. I really think winning is very important to development and I'd like to see the Heat draw a couple NHL UFAs that are top AHL talent. Since we won't be adding to the contract limit with not signing Bennett or Bjorklund and it's likely we will see guys like Carpentier, Meyers, Cunning and others not receive qualifying offers I think we have more than enough room to sign a few players for the purpose of playing in Abbotsford.

assuming Bouma and Brodie are in the NHL this is kind of what I would like to see. The players in red are guys I would sign to help Abbotsford, whether it be with a 2way contract with the Flames or strictly a deal with the Heat

Alexandre Giroux - Jason Krog - Greg Nemisz

Stefan Meyer - Mitch Wahl - Jeremy Williams

Ryan Howse - Roman Horak - Bryan Cameron

Logan MacMillan - John Armstrong - Gaelan Patterson

Ryley Grantham

John Negrin - Andre Benoit

Christopher Breen - Matt Pelech

Gord Baldwin - Keith Seabrook

Undrafted UFA

Irving

Ortio

• 2 weeks later...

From http://mapleleafshotstove.com/2010/04/21/from-the-inbox/

The CHL (comprised of the WHL, OHL, and QMJHL) has to ensure the success of its own leagues, and as such has a legitimate concern about losing its marquee players on a too-frequent basis. Similarly, CHL teams are in the business of winning to keep their franchises afloat, and can ill-afford to lose their best players after only a couple of seasons. To resolve this dilemma, the NHL and CHL have an agreement in place which ensures CHL franchises (and fanbases) are able to retain most of their talent for three to four years.

The way it works is rather simple. A CHL player whose rights are held by an NHL team is only eligible to play a full season in the AHL if:

(a) the player will turn 20 years of age by December 31st of the season in question;

OR

(B) the player has already completed four seasons of Junior eligibility.

Note that there are some caveats to this agreement:

(i) the agreement applies only to players drafted out of the CHL;

(ii) once a team’s CHL season and/or playoffs has concluded, their players are no longer subject to the agreement (hence the late-season ‘callups’ to the AHL);

(iii) the agreement will re-apply to each player subject to item (i) above at the start of the next season until the player meets the criteria listed in points (a) and (B) above.

Because of this eligibility agreement, Baertschi, Reinhart, Wotherspoon, Gaudreau, Broissot, Holland and Leach are not AHL eligible next season. Granlund was drafted out of Europe so he IS eligible.

Based on the lack of offers to Armstrong, Baldwin, Pelech, Carpentier and Meyers plus at this point the unlikely re-signings of Cunning, Chucko, Keetley, Stone, and Kronwall (all going UFA) the lineup will look quite different.

I wouldn't mind seeing

Bancks / Granlund / Nemisz

?? /Byron / Rheault

Howse / Horak / ??

Bennett / Wahl / Laing

Macmillan / Patterson / Meyer

Negrin / Seabrook

Breen / Ramage

?? / ??

Irving

Ortio

I wish, had they been eligible to see it as

Baertschi / Granlund / Nemisz

?? / Reinhart / Rheault

Howse / Horak / ??

Based on numbers, I'm guessing a trade is still coming including sending off some Lower line AHL players. With the additions of Byron, Horak and Granlund, does Wahl become expendable??

From http://mapleleafshotstove.com/2010/04/21/from-the-inbox/

Bancks / Granlund / Nemisz

?? /Byron / Rheault

Howse / Horak / ??

Bennett / Wahl / Laing

Macmillan / Patterson / Meyer

Negrin / Seabrook

Breen / Ramage

?? / ??

Irving

Ortio

I do like these line but i believe that a few minor adjustments would make it better

Bouma/Bryon/Nemisz

Banks/Wahl/Rheault

Howse/Horak/Cameron

Macmillan/Patterson/Meyer

Negrin/Seabrook

Breen/ Ramage

Nryen/ Meyers

Irving

Ortio

I dont understand why most post include 5 lines but i believe that these are fair lines. I would leave granlund in Finland to develop some more bringing him in next year.

moreover regarding Granlund, I don't think he'd agree to play in the AHL. Why would he go to the AHL if he could play at a similar/slightly higher level (the SM-Liiga) for more money?

not to mention, closer to home.

And (like Baertschi) I want to see him in the WJC!

While the Flames chances of winning a Stanley Cup are being flushed down the can, Feaster is continuing to sign depth players and I believe the Heat have a very good team this year and a great chance to win the Calder Cup!

Carter Bancks - Ben Walter - Greg Nemisz

Roman Horak - Paul Byron - Ryan Howse

Lance Bouma - Mitch Wahl - Jon Rheault

Logan MacMillan - Gaelan Patterson - Stefan Meyer

Ryley Grantham, Bryan Cameron

Clay Wilson - John Negrin

Joe Piskula - TJ Brodie

Chris Breen - Keith Seabrook

Leland Irving

Joni Ortio

While the Flames chances of winning a Stanley Cup are being flushed down the can, Feaster is continuing to sign depth players and I believe the Heat have a very good team this year and a great chance to win the Calder Cup!

Carter Bancks - Ben Walter - Greg Nemisz

Roman Horak - Paul Byron - Ryan Howse

Lance Bouma - Mitch Wahl - Jon Rheault

Logan MacMillan - Gaelan Patterson - Stefan Meyer

Ryley Grantham, Bryan Cameron

Clay Wilson - John Negrin

Joe Piskula - TJ Brodie

Chris Breen - Keith Seabrook

Leland Irving

Joni Ortio

I wouldn't put Bancks on the top line, I also think I would start the Howse/Horak tandem on the 3rd line. I would also move Byron to the wing before Horak for the simple fact it is expected Byron will be moved to wing for the NHL, so I guess I would go like this. The thing I am not fond of is that there would be 2 many LW and IMO 2 of Bancks, Bouma, MacMillan andMeyer would have to be played on their off wing.

Byron / Walter / Nemisz

Bancks / Wahl / Bouma

Howse / Horak / Rheault

MacMillan / Patterson / Meyer

x: Grantham, Cameron

Negrin / Brodie

Breen / Wilson

Piskula / Seabrook

Irving

Ortio

I wouldn't put Bancks on the top line, I also think I would start the Howse/Horak tandem on the 3rd line. I would also move Byron to the wing before Horak for the simple fact it is expected Byron will be moved to wing for the NHL, so I guess I would go like this. The thing I am not fond of is that there would be 2 many LW and IMO 2 of Bancks, Bouma, MacMillan andMeyer would have to be played on their off wing.

Byron / Walter / Nemisz

Bancks / Wahl / Bouma

Howse / Horak / Rheault

Negrin / Brodie

Breen / Wilson

Piskula / Seabrook

Irving

Ortio

I could see Meyer being the 13th forward for the Flames this year, but other than that these lines seem pretty spot on.

Byron / Walter / Nemisz

Bancks / Wahl / Bouma

Howse / Horak / Rheault

Negrin / Brodie

Breen / Wilson

Piskula / Seabrook

Irving

Ortio

I think you underestemating Carter Bancks. He was the Heat leading scorer last year. But I geuss at the same time Byron has quite a bit higher skill level. Now Im talking myself into him on the second line as I type this. Him and Nemo are your top PKers.

Also I think Id switch Bouma and Rheault. He has a much higher skill level, and that way your not putting 3 softish players on the 3rd line.

Mind you all this could change drastically. I could see up to 4 guys fighting for NHL jobs in Brodie, Negrin, Bouma and Byron. We'll see. Prob my favorite lineup ive seen.

I think you underestemating Carter Bancks. He was the Heat leading scorer last year. But I geuss at the same time Byron has quite a bit higher skill level. Now Im talking myself into him on the second line as I type this. Him and Nemo are your top PKers.

Also I think Id switch Bouma and Rheault. He has a much higher skill level, and that way your not putting 3 softish players on the 3rd line.

Mind you all this could change drastically. I could see up to 4 guys fighting for NHL jobs in Brodie, Negrin, Bouma and Byron. We'll see. Prob my favorite lineup ive seen.

I saw Bancks play for the Hurricanes for 4 years and was never impressed and he wasn't the Heat's leading scorer, he was their leading scorer until he got hurt. Which was only 29 games. In 38 AHL games Bancks has 5 goals and 19 points. Byron has 40 goals and 86 points in 124 games, he has earned a shot to be a top line player, where as Bancks still has a ton to prove.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't find any mention of him or where he may end up next season. ECHL?

I know he struggled with injuries last season but he is still young enough to bounce back.

Irving and Ortio seem certain for the Heat but have not heard if the Flames have binned him or not.

Archived