Louis23

:lol: That is pretty funny. " you have thousand questions but....we win "

"You have 80,000 fans, "go Canada Go", we have 30 guys from Siberia throw on Russia jersey" :lol:

I saw some call him arrogant for this interview. Wow. A young, ecstatic kid. He's still in equipment, they just won a personal gold medal by beating Canada.

The Oilers have to take him. BPA.

They can comfortably trade Hemsky for a top 4 dman.

Sign Wideman.

"Whose your 2nd PP unit?"..."doesn't matter, we never get that far".

For those thinking, "hey, maybe he'll be a bust", he's been in the #1 spot for over a year for a July 1st 18+yo player not under contract in the entire world.

The only real change has been that it has only become more unanimous regardless that he's had some injuries.

Everyone knows who he his, his regiments, his lifestyle, his background, his mindset, his education level, his personal life...but mainly, his hockey game.

I've seen him lots.

I now understand the saying "edge-of-your-seat player". I thought it was just a saying.

Until I found myself hyper-attentive too often, like everyone else in the crowd.

Then I realized...wow, I am actually on the edge of my seat.

He definitely has originality in a highly-skilled player. He and RNH would be incredible to watch together, but you might want Semenko on the other wing!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Oilers have to take him. BPA.

They can comfortably trade Hemsky for a top 4 dman.

Umm, who is going to give up a top 4 D man for Hemsky and his $5m contract?

And the Oilers need more than a top 4 D - they need a #1 D.

Yes he is the BPA, but the Oilers have plenty of top 6 offense. They need other things.

I am not saying draft someone else, I am saying trade the pick. But Tambi is too scared to make a big move.

Umm, who is going to give up a top 4 D man for Hemsky and his $5m contract?

And the Oilers need more than a top 4 D - they need a #1 D.

Yes he is the BPA, but the Oilers have plenty of top 6 offense. They need other things.

I am not saying draft someone else, I am saying trade the pick. But Tambi is too scared to make a big move.

Philly for Cobourn, if Jagr's hanging around.

The Jagr to Edmonton rumours last year were actually true, and started by Hemsky.

For example.

Whitney is a #1 dman, provided he can stay healthy, poor sod. With Schultz they've looked very good.

Petry definitely came around, they aren't as far off as it may look.

Trade the pick for what, exactly?

The Jagr to Edmonton rumours last year were actually true, and started by Hemsky.

For example.

Whitney is a #1 dman, provided he can stay healthy, poor sod. With Schultz they've looked very good.

Too much here that I disagree with to even start. But if you think the Oilers suddenly have a solid D after adding Colbourn, well we can agree to disagree.

As for trading the pick, I have already made several suggestions

Too much here that I disagree with to even start. But if you think the Oilers suddenly have a solid D after adding Colbourn, well we can agree to disagree.

As for trading the pick, I have already made several suggestions

No reason.

I'm not saying Schultz is a #2, but Whitney is a top 2 that you match, not unlike Bo matching with Butler. Doesn't make Butler a #2.

Top 4, you said you won't get it for Hemsky. So Smid and Petry are 3&4 and you're bringing in Cobourn, an NHL dman.

Shoring.

It all relies on Whitney's health.

Imagine us forever without Gio or possibly JBo.

That's Whitney. He's been injured.

The Weber conversation is retarded, so I'm trying to avoid it.

For example.

Huh?

The Flyers don't need an overpaid forward with a history of injuries. It doesn't matter if Hemsky wants to finish his career with his buddy Jagr. The Flyers have better, more durable forwards that don't make $5 million.

Coburn is a top 4 & the plan seems to be keeping a strong D. With Pronger & Timonen still ranked the top 2 we have 4 top 4s filling the lower part of the 6. A Pronger return date is up in the air so having that talent moving up a slot still leaves a good defense. Kimo has spoken of retirement so we might lose both too soon.

Trades are made to upgrade rather then downgrade to let a Hemsky achieve his dream.

Huh?

The Flyers don't need an overpaid forward with a history of injuries. It doesn't matter if Hemsky wants to finish his career with his buddy Jagr. The Flyers have better, more durable forwards that don't make $5 million.

Coburn is a top 4 & the plan seems to be keeping a strong D. With Pronger & Timonen still ranked the top 2 we have 4 top 4s filling the lower part of the 6. A Pronger return date is up in the air so having that talent moving up a slot still leaves a good defense. Kimo has spoken of retirement so we might lose both too soon.

Trades are made to upgrade rather then downgrade to let a Hemsky achieve his dream.

think what you want but hemsky isnt overpaid. he wouldve gotten more if he had tested the ufa market. .8 ppg players arent that easy to come by

think what you want but hemsky isnt overpaid. he wouldve gotten more if he had tested the ufa market. .8 ppg players arent that easy to come by

The NHL is a "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately" business. Fact is Hemsky is an immensely talented forward. Fact is, he's also really done nothing ever since, oh, about 2009. 0.8 PPG players are clearly valuable, but not if they only play in 56% of their team's games over the past 3 seasons.

He has potted decent numbers every year except for this season. But teams look at that 36 points in 69 games and will doubt his ability to contribute. He's a good player who is willing to take punishment to make a play, but his body has given out on him. He's likely hit his peak, as an injury-prone forward who can score. He's on the downside of his career, if anyone thinks he can hit his peak years again from 2005-09 then they're horribly misguided. Not someone who will earn 5 M on the open market (unless you're a center and the next best FA option after Brad Richards; in that case, Brian Burke would like to sign you to a 4.75 M per season contract....).

I don't think he would have gotten more, I think that is about his market value. The Oilers got their deal or angle on the short term. Given Hemsky's injury history, even with his ppg, that is about what I peg his UFA cost at...

Huh?

Don't worry FF, I'm not making the trade, just giving an example of what Hemsky could fetch, Coburn was just the 1st guy that came to mind!! Perhaps I should have used Luke Schenn??

Perhaps it's Hemsky and a prospect/pick/spare part, but certainly they can find a dman for him.

As far as overpaid and injured, I think Hemsky's a big talent that needs a change of scenery/coach.

My point was principally that Hemsky can be used in a trade for a dman because of Yakupov.

Add a FA dman in Wideman and suddenly they have a pretty good D.

Whitney-fa/trade

Smid-Schultz:shutdown pairing

fa/trade-Petry

It's not an AHL D anymore, but again, Whitney MUST stay healthy as a 40+ pt dman.

Weber/Suter scenarios have too hefty a tag, that's, like, Horcoff money. :lol:

I don't think he would have gotten more, I think that is about his market value. The Oilers got their deal or angle on the short term. Given Hemsky's injury history, even with his ppg, that is about what I peg his UFA cost at...

Hemsky is a .77 PPG player but has significant injury issues in recent years and anyone who has had recurring shoulder problems knows that they never really get better. If I am considering acquiring Hemsky, I am pensilling him more as a .60 PPG going forward.

Tanguay is a .83 PPG player. He was a little older when he signed his contract, but didn't have the injury issues which, at their ages, more than compensates IMO.

Tanguay did what most players do - he took a little less money to re-sign with his team. Yes, his contract is longer and that is part of it, but the Oilers paid full, open market price for Hemsky (open market price for a HEALTHY Hemsky IMO) for continued loyalty.

I don't care how much of a homer you are Oillio, there is no way to spin the Hemsky contract as reasonable. I rank it as almost as bad as the Stajan contract, except for the fact that it is only two years. But if he suffers another shoulder injury next year, he will be completely unmovable - never mind getting a top 4 D for him.

division might be wide open after your teaqm gets blown up after another first round choke job.

then everyone will be bad, 3rd seed in the west in with 78 pts :P someone else misses with 93 :lol:

I know huh.. totally!

The door will be wide open for the Oilers next yr to win the division if the Canucks choke again and blow the team up huh! Good one. i lol'd a lot!

I know huh.. totally!

The door will be wide open for the Oilers next yr to win the division if the Canucks choke again and blow the team up huh! lolol

I wouldn't be mocking him DL, the Oilers are looking like a real possibility for conference next year. A coupla tweaks, fa here and there, you never know.

Dubnyk is really coming into his own.

The nucks'll be thinking "Oilers-style rebuild" at this time next year, don't mark my words.

I wouldn't be mocking him DL, the Oilers are looking like a real possibility for conference next year. A coupla tweaks, fa here and there, you never know.

The nucks'll be thinking "Oilers-style rebuild" at this time next year, don't mark my words.

I think they may set the bar on how build a franchise properly.

Try really hard to put a team together to win now...

when that doesn't work, keep trying.. when it becomes obvious your GM has no idea what he's doing promote him to president, and hire someone else who has never been a GM before and watch him try to put a team together.

<get 1st pick>. Score!

Let the incompetent GM keep doing his thing for another couple yrs thinking he's actually doing a good job putting a potentially winning team together.. <oh crap - he signed Eager to a 3yr deal? > and reap the benefits of failed season after failed season.

And then..yadda yadda yadda... Great Success!

I know you love Yakupov but what??

Dubnyk has as of yet not shown that he can carry the load as a #1 - especially with the kind of everyday consistency that would be required to challenge for the conference

And they - as of yet - have done nothing to address their D. If they are planning on waiting for the prospects to mature, they won't be challenging for the conference any time soon.

I think they may set the bar on how build a franchise properly.

Try really hard to put a team together to win now...

when that doesn't work, keep trying.. when it becomes obvious your GM has no idea what he's doing promote him to president, and hire someone else who has never been a GM before and watch him try to put a team together.

<get 1st pick>. Score!

Let the incompetent GM keep doing his thing for another couple yrs thinking he's actually doing a good job putting a potentially winning team together.. <oh crap - he signed Eager to a 3yr deal? > and reap the benefits of failed season after failed season.

And then..yadda yadda yadda... Great Success!

Nailed it!

And to take their plan to the next step, Tambi appears to be planning to sit and wait for the prospects to fill their holes because he is incapable of doing anything about it himself.

Great plan - let all the ELCs expire and give all the kids a raise. THEN try to build a winner!

Am I the only 1 that remembers when the Oilers were once a proud franchise & being an Oiler meant trying to achieve glory?

A former dynasty is reduced to a game plan of amassing high picks in hopes of someday just being a competitor.

What makes it sadder is the fact a former member of those glory teams is controlling this embarrassment through his puppets. Shame on Klowe.

Another former dynasty in the NYI is just as incompetent. They've drafted excellent players over the years with high picks but are still in the lottery.

I know you love Yakupov but what??

Dubnyk has as of yet not shown that he can carry the load as a #1 - especially with the kind of everyday consistency that would be required to challenge for the conference

And they - as of yet - have done nothing to address their D. If they are planning on waiting for the prospects to mature, they won't be challenging for the conference any time soon.

jeez man... C, you gotta get that meter repaired!

Am I the only 1 that remembers when the Oilers were once a proud franchise & being an Oiler meant trying to achieve glory?

A former dynasty is reduced to a game plan of amassing high picks in hopes of someday just being a competitor.

What makes it sadder is the fact a former member of those glory teams is controlling this embarrassment through his puppets. Shame on Klowe.

Another former dynasty in the NYI is just as incompetent. They've drafted excellent players over the years with high picks but are still in the lottery.

I'll give it up for players like Hall and Eberle; they play to win. The GM has sick, evil designs to gather picks.

Do the fans truly believe he is trying to put together a contender? They have major hole to fill, and they don't seem to do anything, especially in draft years like Nuge-11 and Nail-12. Last year was obvious. This year, it was like they chose the starting goalie to lose games. Bulin-wall won games in spite of himself. Did they really think he would be a positive influence?

If they were serious about winning, they would dump Bulin and buy a decent goalie.

Archived