Greentree sets franchise record

Link: http://www.qcflames.com/news/fullstory.php?id=511' target="_blank">Greentree nets 31st.[/post]

I really like Greentree. He's had some struggles making an impact in the big league, but this is a fantastic power forward on the cusp of being a producing NHL scorer.

thumbs up to Sutter for the acquisition!

I agree, he is definitely making an inpact...but he did that his whole career so far, it's to bad for whatever reason he is not given the chance with Calgary.....I wouldn't blame him if he went elsewhere...I think that just might happen and the team that gets him....watch out your in for a treat after he warms up.....

I agree, he is definitely making an inpact...but he did that his whole career so far, it's to bad for whatever reason he is not given the chance with Calgary.....I wouldn't blame him if he went elsewhere...I think that just might happen and the team that gets him....watch out your in for a treat after he warms up.....

While it's nice that he has some finish in the AHL, his skating was simply awful while he was up here, which is why we didn't keep him around. You can be a little slower in the minors, but unless he power-skates his Gary Bettman off this summer, he's destined to be a career minor-leaguer.

His skating can't be that bad if he's getting 60 pts in 62 games. you have to skate a little to put up those numbers.

We needed to bring him up, show him what it takes to compete in the big leagues, and then send him back down to try to accomplish those things. I think he'll make the roster next year. I thought he would crack the fourth line this year, but yes, he still needs to improve.

It would be foolish to count him out after what little we've seen of him. He's a natural.

His skating can't be that bad if he's getting 60 pts in 62 games. you have to skate a little to put up those numbers.

We needed to bring him up, show him what it takes to compete in the big leagues, and then send him back down to try to accomplish those things. I think he'll make the roster next year. I thought he would crack the fourth line this year, but yes, he still needs to improve.

It would be foolish to count him out after what little we've seen of him. He's a natural.

Schremp was a natural too. He can't skate. Ergo, he can't play in the NHL. And Greentree doesn't have half the talent Schremp does.

So was Hnat Domenichelli...

Whoa! Flash back....late 90's....Saint John Flames Domenichelli, Regehr, Helenius, Dingman and Roloson just to name a few. Hell, even Grant Fuhr played. :blink: Good times back in Harbor Station. :P The early 2000's weren't too shabby either before the team pulled out with the likes of Leopold, Lombardi, Commodore and Kobasew. ;)

But I digress....

Is it "franchise" as in QC Flames or as in All-time-baby-Flames?

I find it hard to believe 31-goals is the highest ever for a baby Flames player.

I think it's based on the Flames having their own AHL affiliate team. It might be hard to believe but that's the reality of it... the little Flames have been hard pressed for scoring every year since we've had our own team. It really says a lot about the offensive ability of our prospects.

So was Hnat Domenichelli...

Some guys are career AHL'ers because they can only excel at that level. If Greentree doesn't find the next gear, it doesn't matter how many records he breaks.

*lol* only excel at the AHL Level - ???? don't make me laugh... give the kid a chance and a few practices with a NHL team and we will see..... *lol* it will be Calgary's loss I'm afraid...

Whoa! Flash back....late 90's....Saint John Flames Domenichelli, Regehr, Helenius, Dingman and Roloson just to name a few. Hell, even Grant Fuhr played. :blink: Good times back in Harbor Station. :P The early 2000's weren't too shabby either before the team pulled out with the likes of Leopold, Lombardi, Commodore and Kobasew. ;)

But I digress....

I miss those days there being able to watch the prospects. Now we just have the Saint John Sea Dogs of the QMJHL. I really wish there was an AHL team back here in NB again.

Good for Kyle! I had thought that he#d be able to compete for a regular NHL job this year, but he obviously isn't ready yet. Not sure about his skating as well - I haven't seen him play often, so I can just rely on the comments of other users, and it seems he isn't a very good skater ... however, we'll see if he'll be able to fight for a roster spot next year. I haven't given up on him yet.

*lol* only excel at the AHL Level - ???? don't make me laugh... give the kid a chance and a few practices with a NHL team and we will see..... *lol* it will be Calgary's loss I'm afraid...

You mean, just like the chance he had with the Flames about a week ago? :huh:

I'm confused. Grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure will help me understand you better.

Do players get that kind of feedback from people that actually matter at this level?

Would someone say to him "your skating is weak, if you want to give yourself the best chance to make it you need to work your Gary Bettman off in the off season"?

Why are we putting down a player in our system who just set a team record? I don't get it. Dave Andreychuk couldn't skate at all and he managed to have a pretty good career.

Good to see the depth on the farm is actually showing some promise .Having guys that are able to step in for a few games without killing the team has been a real bonus this season. Enough with the negitive crap in every single topic already.

Do players get that kind of feedback from people that actually matter at this level?

Would someone say to him "your skating is weak, if you want to give yourself the best chance to make it you need to work your Gary Bettman off in the off season"?

Actually yeah, they do.

Boyd was told to bulk up in the off-season, and I believe he put on about 10 lbs of muscle. He will be told to work on his core stability in this upcoming off-season, since he still gets knocked off the puck by a stiff breeze.

That would be great... but although I have a lot of faith in this guy, I think we might be seeing him play a third/fourth line role in his first year on the big team. Possibly a line with Backlund... but I'm hesitant to say we'll have two new young guys again next year.

It's hard to project where he will end up, but I think it's safe to say he's not #2 on our LW depth chart.

Archived