Backlund and Wahl

I don't really know what Backlund's problem is, but he has huge diffuculties getting on the scoresheet. It's not lack of trying though, cause he isn't afraid to shoot. It looks like they're moving him around the lineup to get him going. Last game he played with the teams two best point producers, and still came out blank.

But I still count on him being one of Swedens best forwards. Not many of the guys who played last year are returning, so I think the first line center spot is his to lose. A dreamline would be Backlund between Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson and Mattias Tedenby. Both those players are playing regularly in Elitserien, and are doing it well from what I've seen.

I don't really know what Backlund's problem is, but he has huge diffuculties getting on the scoresheet. It's not lack of trying though, cause he isn't afraid to shoot. It looks like they're moving him around the lineup to get him going. Last game he played with the teams two best point producers, and still came out blank.

QFT

The general concensus is that Backlund hasn't taken the next step as was expected from him. Hopefully he can get his game together in the WJC and gain some confidence.

Backlund needs to bulk up or he'll never be effective in the NHL, or even the Swedish leagues for that matter. He's basically Kristian Huselius (with all the puck handling skills and moves) minus Huselius's strength and muscles. And that's not to say Huselius is a strong player either, if not one of the weakest in the NHL. To not even be as strong as Huselius is a problem.

But that's kind of like Boyd the last two seasons. You could see his game there but he just needed to add some meat to his skin. Boyd's done that and still improving in that regard. The results have been very good.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone get to see Backlund play against finland?

An empty net goal, 2 shots on net and was an even +/- for the game.

Wahl on the other hand played against the weaker Germany and got on the score sheet with 2 assists and a +2 rating.

I didn't get to see either player, saw Team Canada thump Czech. Aulie was somewhat invisible but I guess its because he was doing his job properly :D

Lets here how they are doing from people watching more games than me :D

Anyone get to see Backlund play against finland?

An empty net goal, 2 shots on net and was an even +/- for the game.

Wahl on the other hand played against the weaker Germany and got on the score sheet with 2 assists and a +2 rating.

I didn't get to see either player, saw Team Canada thump Czech. Aulie was somewhat invisible but I guess its because he was doing his job properly :D

Lets here how they are doing from people watching more games than me :D

Backlund played well from what I saw in highlights, and Wahl played well, albeit, as you said against a weaker team.

Aulie reminds me a lot of Sarich, if you don't notice him, its not bad. You only really see him when he hits. Otherwise, occasionally you'll see with throw the puck at the net with a weak wrister, kinda like Sarich does, looking for a rebound/tip. He's a big feller though :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived