Brent Krahn

Krahn is a guy I actually feel realy bad for. Everytime it was looking like he was getting ready to crack the lineup, he would get injured. When he is healthy he is an NHL calibre goalie, he's just not healthy enough.

That sucks, IMO. I hope he can continue to play though.

Because the Las Vegas Wranglers are a Flames affiliate I woudl expect Lalande to get more time than Krahn.

Krahn is a guy I actually feel realy bad for. Everytime it was looking like he was getting ready to crack the lineup, he would get injured. When he is healthy he is an NHL calibre goalie, he's just not healthy enough.

That sucks, IMO. I hope he can continue to play though.

Because the Las Vegas Wranglers are a Flames affiliate I woudl expect Lalande to get more time than Krahn.

Personally I disagree with that statement. He was given every opportunity when we had the affiliate in Omaha to be the #1 goalie and even when he started out healthy he lost the starters job to McElhinney. Maybe if Krahn hadn't had so many problems from when he was on the Hitmen and around that time he would've developed differently but even when healthy lately I don't think he would've cracked any NHL line-up.

Personally I disagree with that statement. He was given every opportunity when we had the affiliate in Omaha to be the #1 goalie and even when he started out healthy he lost the starters job to McElhinney. Maybe if Krahn hadn't had so many problems from when he was on the Hitmen and around that time he would've developed differently but even when healthy lately I don't think he would've cracked any NHL line-up.

Actually he lost it due to injury. The first year in Omaha, they split time and Krahn actually had slightly better numbers. Then he injured himself towards the end of year, and then in training camp also was hurt. so when they were sent down he wasn't able to play. Its why Lalande was on the roster for the first part of the season last year with the QC Flames. Krahn wasn't healthy so McE got the starts, played fantastic but Krahn, once healthy, still put up great numbers. But he got beat out becuase of his injuries, not his play.

and I dind't mean a good NHL starting goalie, but I definetly think if healthy he was a solid NHL backup.

I was talking to the Assistant GM of the Iserlohn Roosters (German Elite League) and he told me that they were scouting Krahn a year ago until they found the second coming of Andrei Medvedev: Norm Maracle (http://www.iserlohn-roosters.de/spieler/105).

PS: He also said that Richie Regehr is one of the top defenseman in the league and he even hold the record for most goals scored by a defenseman in a game (5) after his fantastic season last year: 44 games, 21 goals, 20 assists, 62 PIMS. He is now playing for the league champion Polar Bears now.

I was talking to the Assistant GM of the Iserlohn Roosters (German Elite League) and he told me that they were scouting Krahn a year ago until they found the second coming of Andrei Medvedev: Norm Maracle (http://www.iserlohn-roosters.de/spieler/105).

PS: He also said that Richie Regehr is one of the top defenseman in the league and he even hold the record for most goals scored by a defenseman in a game (5) after his fantastic season last year: 44 games, 21 goals, 20 assists, 62 PIMS. He is now playing for the league champion Polar Bears now.

Wow thats great for Ritchie. Always liked him and hoped Sutter would resign him, he was a great 7th or even 6th dman. Could go higher just like his brother.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived