Dan Ryder - Take II

Do you have ANY clue WHY he stopped playing for a year? It wasn't matter of money, it was a matter of personal drive and being worn out from playing hockey almost 24/7. This kid played more hockey than alot of NHL players, and had worse travel conditions to boot. He played two full seasons of going far in the in playoffs and just needed time off from hockey.

I LMAO at this sob story, what are you his best friend?? The more hockey he plays the better for his development which he obviously doesn't value as much as every other prospect in our system and every other teams system. when was the last time you heard of any other "top prospect" QUIT for a season at the most important time of his career. Crosby played tons of games totaling way more minuets then Dan Ryder could ever dream and people had a fit when he missed the top prospect game because of fatigue and minor injuries. As for the travel, come on buddy, every player has to do it so what is the big deal. the worst point you made was the playoff thing, omg 2 full seasons going far in the playoffs, if he can't handle that in minors he wont even last one series in the NHL. I can find a million kids who would kill to be in Ryders shoes, IMO this is a story about a spoiled kid who is as confused like a little girl.

I LMAO at this sob story, what are you his best friend?? The more hockey he plays the better for his development which he obviously doesn't value as much as every other prospect in our system and every other teams system. when was the last time you heard of any other "top prospect" QUIT for a season at the most important time of his career. Crosby played tons of games totaling way more minuets then Dan Ryder could ever dream and people had a fit when he missed the top prospect game because of fatigue and minor injuries. As for the travel, come on buddy, every player has to do it so what is the big deal. the worst point you made was the playoff thing, omg 2 full seasons going far in the playoffs, if he can't handle that in minors he wont even last one series in the NHL. I can find a million kids who would kill to be in Ryders shoes, IMO this is a story about a spoiled kid who is as confused like a little girl.

I'm sure there were other influences that made it even more difficult, but we'll never know the whole story. The only real consequences of his year off will be felt by him, and he seems prepared to deal with those.

So, regardless, he's back, and he's still one of our better prospects.

You know what I LMAO at? Your casual disregard of respect for other people on this board. You came out and made a statement without backing it up, so yes, my initial reply wasn't that polite. But I'm respectful 99% of the time as most people on these boards can tell you. All I ask is you give the same in return.

No, I am not his best friend, but I have respect for him as a human being, which is obviously more than you do. Have you never sat back for a minute and thought, is this really what I want to do with my life? I realize that is a dream job that he holds, but you've got to give him some slack. He's one of our better prospects, and he's only human. The sooner you realize that everyone has limitations, the better. Of course you could find a million kids to fill his shoes, but would they be as good as him? Obviously not, otherwise he wouldn't be there. No player deserves to be pampered, but you have to respect their emotional limit as human beings.

I don't think its fair at all to compare him to Crosby. Crosby was groomed for his role as the next great player from the age of 10 or younger.

I also don't think that its fair at all that you sit behind your computer screen and take pot shots at a person you don't even know personally. If you actually know him personally, fine, but your just a fan who thinks he knows more than he does.

If you look at it from a different angle,Michael had an off year last year aswell so maybe it was something family oriented

which affected everyone.Possable and none of our business.Lets just get over it welcome him back and hope for outstanding results.

Some of you have no idea, not a clue, but that's OK and others cut him some slack which is nice to see, Thank you for that. Sometimes everyone needs a break. I just like to say Thank you to Daniel for coming back to the Flames and wish him all the best. I look forward to seeing his first NHL game as I have watched so many of the Petes games and enjoyed every minute of the time I seen him play. He has a nice set of hands, speed, and can see the ice very well. A job well done by the Flames Scouts. GOOD LUCK Daniel

• 1 month later...
Some of you have no idea, not a clue, but that's OK and others cut him some slack which is nice to see, Thank you for that. Sometimes everyone needs a break. I just like to say Thank you to Daniel for coming back to the Flames and wish him all the best. I look forward to seeing his first NHL game as I have watched so many of the Petes games and enjoyed every minute of the time I seen him play. He has a nice set of hands, speed, and can see the ice very well. A job well done by the Flames Scouts. GOOD LUCK Daniel

You might be interested in knowing that he scored a goal for Quad City in a shootout last night...I saw him play for several years and I know he has an awesome set of hands!!

This is a player I could see being a potential steal in the draft. Lots of potential, but I think is a bit of a work in progress. I could see him playing solid 2nd line minutes if he is able to put it all together, but will probably need another 2 years before he makes the big jump to a full time player.

Archived