Flames prospects still playing

I like Lalande. I think he is underrated as far as Flames prospect go, but will have a tough time seeing any action with Keetley and Irving in front of him. Solid goalie though.

I would love to see Seitsonen and Cracknell start to realize their potential. Seitsonen should be contending for an NHL job by now. He has a lot of skill and would be a great fir as a 3rd line center but he doens't seem to want it enough. Cracknell more of the same but is a bit more of a longshot to make the NHL. either way, both have been dissapointing IMO.

I like Lalande. I think he is underrated as far as Flames prospect go, but will have a tough time seeing any action with Keetley and Irving in front of him. Solid goalie though.

I would love to see Seitsonen and Cracknell start to realize their potential. Seitsonen should be contending for an NHL job by now. He has a lot of skill and would be a great fir as a 3rd line center but he doens't seem to want it enough. Cracknell more of the same but is a bit more of a longshot to make the NHL. either way, both have been dissapointing IMO.

I watched Cracknell in Flames training camp last year and I came away impressed. So much so that I was suprised he was sent down so quickly. He's not the best skater or hardest worker but he is a good puckhandler and has a good shot and quick release. With some seasoning I could see him becoming a decent NHLer.

I watched Cracknell in Flames training camp last year and I came away impressed. So much so that I was suprised he was sent down so quickly. He's not the best skater or hardest worker but he is a good puckhandler and has a good shot and quick release. With some seasoning I could see him becoming a decent NHLer.

Completely agree. I think from the blueline in he has the potential to be a very dynamic player who great top end skill. Unfortunately he just dind't seem to bring that same intensity to the other two zones of the ice and on a Sutter run team that isn't gonna fly. However, I was very impressed with his skill and especially his shot. He can pick corners and get it away in a hurray. Hes upt up some very good numbers in the E and decent in the A but i'd like to see himn get some work in the A to see if he is worthwhile. Definetly a long shot, but with his skill could be usefull one day.

Cracknell seemed to have gone off the radar after the previous years signing. Good to seem the supposed late gem we found what kind of player comparison do we have from someone that has watched him?

Top end- I almost hate to say this but a slightly less skilled version of Huselius.He doesn't have Huelius creatvitiy, but has similar puck pocession style with a quick release as well. Great with the puck, but sometiems turns in questionable efforts and isn't effective in 2 out of 3 zones of the ice.

More than likely - The Dustin Boyd we saw this year. Guy that can play some minutes some nights and show flashes, but overal not a consistant threat.

Hmmmm

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect/adam_cracknell

Originally drafted for size and work ethic makes me kind of less worried I guess because if he previously had the work ethic which made them draft him, it should be there somewhere. Maybe the Wrangler team enviroment has something to do with it, though it'll be nice to have some offensive creativity coming up from the system since it was pretty devoid of it up until the recent drafts.

Well, watching Cracknell I honestly never thought of comparing him to Huselius. I don't think he has Huselius' puck-handling ability. He reminds me more of Michael Ryder with some potential as a power forward.

When I saw Cracknell I didn't see enough intensity or physicality to label him a power forward. He seemed to me to be less physical and thats why I went with Huselius. He definetly doens't have Huseluis creativity with the puck, but once he crossed the blueline he shows a desire to keep the puck and create a play for himself or a teammate. That part reminded me of Huselius, and the fact I don't see him play much defence, but I've only watched him 3 -4 times and not in an organized game, only in a few scrimages, so thats mabye where we differ.

Well, watching Cracknell I honestly never thought of comparing him to Huselius. I don't think he has Huselius' puck-handling ability. He reminds me more of Michael Ryder with some potential as a power forward.

Last I watched him play was juniors and already, his slap shot was NHL calibre. The rest of his game was missing though and his overall knowledge of hockey seemed like years behind his peers.

His positioning all over the ice was awkward to the point where you could label him as a complete free floater. His defensive puck pursue angles were all wrong and almost always took the easy play away from the opponent while giving away the homerun pass straight up the middle of the ice. He doesn't show any knowledge of his whereabouts on the ice and defends the ice without purpose. He doesn't angle opponent's into traffic or angle opponents into teammates for help. He doesn't angle opponents in a way to take away his options. He basically just darts at opponents who have the puck no matter what angle he finds himself to be at. He always goes from "out of position" to "further out of position."

Scary thing is, he doesn't lack effort. He's actually trying his best out there to play defense but that's all he's got. He's one of those few players that makes me go, "Why did he do that? Why did he skate over there?" when he's playing defense.

Cracknell made the front page of the Sports section in the Victoria Times Colonist. He's 2nd in points in the playoffs, and will for sure be on the Quad City team next season, we will see him on the team from time to time, and he will have a spot on the big roster within 3 years.

Cracknell made the front page of the Sports section in the Victoria Times Colonist. He's 2nd in points in the playoffs, and will for sure be on the Quad City team next season, we will see him on the team from time to time, and he will have a spot on the big roster within 3 years.

Pretty bold statement to make considering he's playing in the ECHL. Just because he is racking up points there it doesn't guarantee him a spot on the Flames in 3 years let alone a spot in QC next year. I think he'll play in QC next year for the reason that the younger players will be making the jump to the NHL but not because he's been 'great'.

Archived