John Negrin

There was an article in the herald today, and i found the online version of it talking about John Negrin.

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/sports/heraldhockey/story.html?id=030e4716-92c1-4136-a708-d73c0ec2dabd&k=76085' target="_blank">http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/s...abd&k=76085[/post]

Thats a pretty big statement to say that Negrin is a "can't miss prospect". I've only watched him in one game sofar and that was when the Hitman pounded the Ice at the dome a few weeks back. Has anyone else seen more of him and can tell me what they think? Negrin was kinda invisible during the one game I saw him in, no doubt as to how bad it was going for the Ice that day.

Are we looking at a long term 1-2 pairing? a 3-4? or another depth 5-6?

Long term? Definte top 4 dman as his high end potential. He reminds me a bit of Scott Hannan. Great skating ability, but because of his lack of any offensive awareness or capabilities is quite most nights. I remember watching a lot of Hannan when he was a Kelowna Rocket and they play the same steady, mobile game but because they are not overally physical or have great offensive instincts you don't really recognize them.

I think he is a definet top 4, with top 2 potential provided that he gets a bit mroe of a mean streak. that allowed Hannan to start making a career in the NHL and I belive it will be necessary for Negrin too. Your definetly a few years away from seeing him as Sutter doens't like to rush any prospect, let alone Dmen.

Well hes already signed a contract so I'm think its possible we'll see Negrin in the AHL next year so presumably we'll see him in the NHL in about 2-3 years? It'd be good to have a young shutdown defenseman which is what i consider Hannan, and his skating looked smooth.

On the other hand T.J. Galiardi's skating dosen't look as great and he sticks out to me the most, I don't know if anyone else has noticed but his strides seem to take a lot of effort and his acceleration isn't great either. His the Av's 2nd round pick from 2007.

Well hes already signed a contract so I'm think its possible we'll see Negrin in the AHL next year so presumably we'll see him in the NHL in about 2-3 years? It'd be good to have a young shutdown defenseman which is what i consider Hannan, and his skating looked smooth.

On the other hand T.J. Galiardi's skating dosen't look as great and he sticks out to me the most, I don't know if anyone else has noticed but his strides seem to take a lot of effort and his acceleration isn't great either. His the Av's 2nd round pick from 2007.

Possibly, but unlikely. Sutter signs his prospects early becasue the rules have changed as far as owning a players rights. I believe its only 2 years now that you have their rights for before they are eligible for re-entering the draft.

Sutter is not one to rush a prospect and thus why I don't think you'll see Negrin in the A next year. He likes his prospects to play 3-4 years in the junior leagues before he thinks about moving them up. ON top of that Negrin does have a shot at the World Junior team next year, and there is no way Sutter would pass that up to put Negrin in the A.

He'll likely play one more year in the dub, before they move him to the A so its clsoer to 3 years before you see Negrin.

Archived