Leland Irving

I think he was ok... he wasn't great but he did the job. Sure the two goals he allowed were not great but overall he did ok. But for now he is far away from the big league I don't see him play with the Flames before 5-6 years because he needs to improve many things. He is too fast on his butterfly style which let the top of the crease open, he gave bad goalsa bit too much i think from what i've seen from him last year and in the super series game he played. He also need to be a bit quicker on his movement.

He might be ready in 5 years I think, I hope he'll make me wrong ;)

That was his first game since last years playoffs. Yeah he had a little rust, but you make it sound like he had a bad game. I don't what your talking about when it comes to his quickness. I've watched him play a lot of games in the past 3 years and no way Irving is slow. He plays a butterfly style with a good glove hand, quick lateral movement and outstanding rebound control. How do you like them apples? :ph34r:

I was only able to watch him play for 5 minutes and from what i've seen... "a 24-year-old Ray Emery, but quicker."

Calling him a Ray Emery is by no means a complement. I was actually quite disappointed and hoped for better. The silver lining in the dark clouds is that he's only 19 and playing like a 24-year-old Emery. Things can only get better from here.

Archived