Top Goalie Prospects

There is a handful of goalies who have been better all year then Irving. Not just the last month or so.....They deserved it before him......IMO!

Behind better teams yes, or their goalies that have come out of nowhere. You just don't take a goalie because their off to hot starts. Irving has proved over the last 3 years he is one of the bst in the dub, and there are few erally playing that better than him. Stats arn't exactly true in this case, cause Sexsmith is not one of the best goalies int he dub.

• 2 weeks later...
Behind better teams yes, or their goalies that have come out of nowhere. You just don't take a goalie because their off to hot starts. Irving has proved over the last 3 years he is one of the bst in the dub, and there are few erally playing that better than him. Stats arn't exactly true in this case, cause Sexsmith is not one of the best goalies int he dub.

Well his play definately showed in the training camp. Cant expect him just to turn it on now after its been a struggle most the season. I guess all that experience you were talking about didnt help.

Oh and by the way, Sexsmith is a great goalie and one of the best in the Dub. Yes he has a good team infront of him but his positioning is good and he makes the big saves when needed. I think he was a steal by SJ at 91st overall or whatever it was, he has the potential to be a quality starter.

Well his play definately showed in the training camp. Cant expect him just to turn it on now after its been a struggle most the season. I guess all that experience you were talking about didnt help.

He had a good training camp. I read a reporter for a dub writer who said he was the best goalie on the ice in the first intra squad game. He isn't struggling anymore, and looke at his stats for the last 20 games or so if you don't believe me.

• 2 weeks later...
Best goalies dont get cut

From what i've been reading, the main reason the cut Irving was his puck handling ability. They felt he was a better goalie than Mason, as virtually just as good as Bernier, but they liked those two on the bigger ice because of their puck handling.

Archived