Whats Up With Taratukhin?

Guys, as I'm from Russia, Omsk-native myself, I'm interested in destiny of Andrey Taratukhin.

I searched the latest news on Omaha website and was kinda surprised - as he scored shotout goal in one of the last reg season games, became one of the best point scorers on the team - and then haven't played apparently in the first two playoff games...

What's going on? Is he injured or something, or is there a conflict in the team? Hope you over there have more info, as I couldn't find any injury list updates for the AHL, or any info on healthy scratches, or anything that would clear up this matter for me.

Thanx b4hand!

PS Saddest morning of the year as it was painful to listen to Calgary end their season =(

I was on the internet radio since 5am moscow time....

Tukes took a hit to his knee in the seasons final game against Chicago. He put a move on the defender and when he went around him the defender stuck out his leg and caught Tukes in the knee. The Knights really miss him in the line-up. Being from Russia I am sure you know with the kind of player as well as the kind of person he is. My Avatar shows him with my daughter. I have been telling the Flames fans that they will love this kids game next season. Numbers do not mean squat. He is aggressive, a team player (led team in assists) and see

Tukes took a hit to his knee in the seasons final game against Chicago. He put a move on the defender and when he went around him the defender stuck out his leg and caught Tukes in the knee. The Knights really miss him in the line-up. Being from Russia I am sure you know with the kind of player as well as the kind of person he is. My Avatar shows him with my daughter. I have been telling the Flames fans that they will love this kids game next season. Numbers do not mean squat. He is aggressive, a team player (led team in assists) and see

That is too bad that he got injured. Although I haven't seen him play, I have been looking at stats and such. He has been improving over the year statistically, and from what I have heard seems to be finding his game. I really hope he challenges for a spot next year. The Flames need some more youth next year to inject some energy.

That is too bad that he got injured. Although I haven't seen him play, I have been looking at stats and such. He has been improving over the year statistically, and from what I have heard seems to be finding his game. I really hope he challenges for a spot next year. The Flames need some more youth next year to inject some energy.

I was at training camp this past year and the coaches didnt add him to the lineup only because he wasnt used to the northamerican game. even though in training camp he was out playing even iginla at times. he was deeking out everyone and playing hard just didnt have any physical side to his game and I heard that hes gaining that now.

he can speak english now aswell which was a big big reason he was not chosen. he couldnt speak a word

• 2 months later...

He;ll either be on the 2nd or third line, IMO

option 1)

line 2: Huseulius Lombo Taratukhin

line 3: Moss Conroy Nolan

Option 2)

Line 2: Huselius Lombo Nolan

Line 3: Taratukhin Conroy Moss

Option 3)

Huselius Lombo Moss

Taratukhin Conroy Nolan

I suppose you might see him on the 4th if Premeau makes the third line, but I highly doubt it.

Taratuhkin wrecked his knee during the final game of the playoffs (or one of the games late late in the season).

The extent of the knee injury is unknown and it's uncertain whether he'll have enough time to recover over the summer AND prepare for the NHL at the same time. Most likely, he'll start the season on IR and then spend some time in the minors to get back into game shape. If, and only if, he gets back to the level he was prior to his knee injury, then he'll get a call-up. Otherwise, Taratuhkin may have been set back an entire season due to injury.

Hopefully, the knee injury was nothing major.

Does the coaching staff share your guy's opinions on Taratuhkin being ready for the jump to the NHL? I love your optimism, but is he really ready to be a 2nd liner? I mean he hasn't even played a single NHL game yet. I think putting him on 2nd line duty is a stretch. Maybe in the pre-season, but even that is still a maybe in my mind.

Also, Russian Flamer you might want to change your name........... ;)

Does the coaching staff share your guy's opinions on Taratuhkin being ready for the jump to the NHL? I love your optimism, but is he really ready to be a 2nd liner? I mean he hasn't even played a single NHL game yet. I think putting him on 2nd line duty is a stretch. Maybe in the pre-season, but even that is still a maybe in my mind.

Noone is really sure, but most people on this board overrate Taratukin. Before the Flames signed him last offseason there was zero talk about it, then Sutter signs him and calles him the most talented player in the Flames system, and then all of a sudden this board lights up with oh this Taratukin guy must be ready to play if Sutter says he is so talented.

That being said, he could play in the NHL, but I think full time duty and especially 2nd line duty would be a bit of a stretch. it did take him about half the season last year to adjust to the North American game and I think more time would make him even more comfortable and play even better.

• 4 weeks later...

What do you mean by that=))? Is there any bad history with this name?

Well, a) I'm Russian B) I love the Flames so it kinda makes sence for me. I do know the other meaning of "flamer", but considering the rate of my posting on this forum, I wouldn't believe anyone would truly think of that one about me LoL

I certainly don't believe Andrey would agree to play in AHL any longer. His age, physical conditions and experience in both NA minors and russian SuperLeague definitely show that it's time for him to make a career move. So my belief is that he either makes the roster or returns to Russia for good, where both money and level of play are pretty high now. Also his last team in Russia was Lokomotiv and they've just signed Yashin, so it'd make sence for him to return and play with Alex - would surely suit him more than playing with youngsters in the AHL.

Again, all above makes sense only if his injury recovery is done and over with which I really hope.

What do you mean by that=))? Is there any bad history with this name?

Well, a) I'm Russian B) I love the Flames so it kinda makes sence for me. I do know the other meaning of "flamer", but considering the rate of my posting on this forum, I wouldn't believe anyone would truly think of that one about me LoL

Flamer is a slang term in english for Homosexual, which is why they suggested a name change.

Ouch, crap! Lived in the US for almost 5 years, had a rainbow boss for a year and a half and never ever heard of that one! (

...hm.... I guess I'll have to think about a change

Thanx for the warning!

Rainbow???? LoL to admin or whoever worked on substitution list =))

Круто! Приятно удивлен!

GottaLoveYelle11 понимает русский язык?!

Нет желания пообщаться?

Abruptly! It is pleasantly surprising!

GottaLoveYelle11 Understands Russian?!

There is no desire to communicate?

or something like that

Переводчики онлайн - удивительная вещь

I do know the other meaning of "flamer", but considering the rate of my posting on this forum, I wouldn't believe anyone would truly think of that one about me LoL

Flamer is a slang term in english for Homosexual, which is why they suggested a name change.

I think he got that one. :P

Zij verbazen heel, ja?

I see someone found freetranslation.com

• 3 weeks later...

Archived