*official Whl Playoffs Thread*

Wow, what a few wins will do for a coach. Last couple years it's been "Kisio needs to step down, he can't motivate the team, good GM but bad coach" etc, now we're one day out of the second round and all of the sudden he's great again.

Anyway, I'm excited to see how the boys do against the Tigers. Should be a great series.

Pletts, official attendance says 8017 that probably means somewhere in the high 7000s. I wasn't there though, maybe someone who was can clarify.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, what a few wins will do for a coach. Last couple years it's been "Kisio needs to step down, he can't motivate the team, good GM but bad coach" etc, now we're one day out of the second round and all of the sudden he's great again.

Anyway, I'm excited to see how the boys do against the Tigers. Should be a great series.

Pletts, official attendance says 8017 that probably means somewhere in the high 7000s. I wasn't there though, maybe someone who was can clarify.

It seemed like less than that, but then, I'm terrible at judging crowds. Still, considering the 'Dome's capacity, it seemed a lot emptier than 7000, especially compared to the Teddy Bear Toss and a Roughnecks game I was at earlier in the year when there were well over 10 000 people. (That's really sad. The Hitmen are playing well in the playoffs for the first time in awhile, they've just come off a four-game winning streak to take a series with 8-1, 5-1 and 4-1 wins at home, their tickets are dirt cheap, it's exciting...)

It seemed like less than that, but then, I'm terrible at judging crowds. Still, considering the 'Dome's capacity, it seemed a lot emptier than 7000, especially compared to the Teddy Bear Toss and a Roughnecks game I was at earlier in the year when there were well over 10 000 people. (That's really sad. The Hitmen are playing well in the playoffs for the first time in awhile, they've just come off a four-game winning streak to take a series with 8-1, 5-1 and 4-1 wins at home, their tickets are dirt cheap, it's exciting...)

Thats not a bad attendence per se. If that were in Red Deer of Lethbridge, those would have been sellouts. However, Calgary does have a larger (much larger) population to draw from

(300 posts! Like Tony Amonte in one game!)

Thats not a bad attendence per se. If that were in Red Deer of Lethbridge, those would have been sellouts. However, Calgary does have a larger (much larger) population to draw from

(300 posts! Like Tony Amonte in one game!)

True indeed. Plus, it seemed like a lot of people there were jaded Flames fans who had forgotten about Calgary's other hockey team and only just realised they might actually still get to see some good hockey in a day. :P (We sat near a bunch of Hitmen season-ticket holders who apparently have known each other for awhile. It was funny.)

Archived