Knights Make Calder Cup Playoffs!

Individually, Andrei Taratukhin has set a new team record for points in a season (59) while Carsen Germyn has a new team record for goals (27) and game-winning goals (8). Dustin Boyd has set a new team standard for goals by a rookie (26).

I can't tell if those are pathetic stats or not. Are those about average in the league?

They don't sound too high.

I can't tell if those are pathetic stats or not. Are those about average in the league?

They don't sound too high.

They're not too high. He sits 30th in the league in scoring but it looks like the Knights have a pretty solid team overall.

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/statdisplay.php?type=top_scorers&subType=0&season_id=8&league_id=4&lastActive=' target="_blank">http://stats.theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....amp;lastActive=[/post]

Does any of the fans in Omaha want to tell us what the chances of the Knights going far is? I've been watching the stats for Omaha and who's been scoring and what not but obviously it'd be better for someone who's watching straight on to give some information. Is they going to start McElhinney for the playoffs? Who's the first round opponent look like it's going to be?

It'll be great for the prospects in Omaha to go into the playoffs for the first time (pro). Huge step for their development which is great considering there are plenty of prospects who are already prepared to go into the NHL.

the past month or so, the starting goalie situation has been a game time decision. Coach McGill usually goes with whos hot in warm ups and practices. sometimes if one of the goalies is hot McGill will stick with him.

i think we got a shot at making the conference finals...if we play our best hockey down the stretch and carry that momentum into the playoffs i think we can do it. it wuld also help to not play Peoria...theyr 9-0-0-0 all time on OUR home ice...but we rock on their ice. first round looks like either Milwaukee or Iowa...id rather have Milwaukee cuz they will prepare us for either Chicago or Peoria...

Goalie: McElhinney has had to play the majority of the games this year because Krahn has been hurt. Krahn as of late has been on fire as of late. If we play Chicago in the playoffs I would rather Krahn play because they have lit Curtis up this year. Krahn took a lose on Saturday but I blame that on a very poor defensive play where the defender, Brad Ference misplayed the puck and left Krahn out to dry with a shot 5 feet from the goal.

Positive things: Eric Nystrom will return this weekend. If he returns the way he should it will be a big lift for the team.

Andrei keeps playing better and better each game

Germyn is on a mission and will benefit from Nystrom coming off the DL

Knights have a very good shot at making it to conference finals....by the way things are looking right now, we will play iowa first round, which should equal us going on to 2nd round. Milwaukee usually dominated chicago so the wolves will be out of the picture. That will leave knights vs Milwaukee, who we were 9-1 against this season. This would put us in conference finals and from there, who knows. Of course, all of this is easier said than done. It should be fun though!

• 2 weeks later...
Knights have a very good shot at making it to conference finals....by the way things are looking right now, we will play iowa first round, which should equal us going on to 2nd round. Milwaukee usually dominated chicago so the wolves will be out of the picture. That will leave knights vs Milwaukee, who we were 9-1 against this season. This would put us in conference finals and from there, who knows. Of course, all of this is easier said than done. It should be fun though!

yea i would be fun, too bad its not on tv. :)

go knights go!

So now that Krahn is pulled to back up Kipper, who's backing McIlhinney?

http://www.omahaaksarbenknights.com/news/index.html?article_id=768' target="_blank">http://www.omahaaksarbenknights.com/news/i...?article_id=768[/post]

04/22/2007 1:35 PM

Brent Krahn posted a 14-12-0 record and a 2.42 goals-against average this season

The Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights announced today that the Calgary Flames, their National Hockey League affiliate, have recalled goaltender Brent Krahn. Krahn will join the Flames in time for game six of their playoff series with the Detroit Red Wings tonight at 8:00 p.m. CT. In another move, the Ak-Sar-Ben Knights

Well, the Knight's get some good news as since the Flames are out, the Knights are likely to get some reinforcements back from Calgary. Iowa still has to contend with Dallas playing in game 7 tonight in Vancouver. I would think that Omaha will be much better than Iowa during the next 2 games.

I would love to see a Grand Rapids/Omaha WCF, but we stink and we'll be lucky to get past Manitoba.

/\ Hey I never thought of it that way. So I assume Godard Moss & Giordano would be eligible for re-assignment to Omaha?

someone asked rob kerr last night and he said only gio is!! I forget why moss cant get called back down and I guess Godard has a 1 way contract but no one will be to worried if he gets picked up off another team!!

Archived