Knights Resource

I have seen 3 games with Jozsa in Omaha. He has done well. I would not say he has set the world on fire, but has done a nice job for not playing with these guys. As would be expected he has not really turned himself loose, he is playing to not make mistakes, like most players that move up for a shot with the next level up. But you can see he clearly can play at this level. Give him a few more games and he looks like he will be solid back there. Shows some good speed getting back.

how gose godard look

From what Eric has told me he hasn't been getting much ice time in Omaha. Although the other night he posted a 4 pt night *2 G 2 A* and was named the first star. Don't expect any kind of offence from him. He is being called up for one purpose and that's to keep the Boogie man in line. :)

how gose godard look

From what Eric has told me he hasn't been getting much ice time in Omaha. Although the other night he posted a 4 pt night *2 G 2 A* and was named the first star. Don't expect any kind of offence from him. He is being called up for one purpose and that's to keep the Boogie man in line. :)

Would never have pegged Godard as having a 4 point season let alone a night. Good for him.

• 2 weeks later...

And keep him in line he did! I talked with Eric last night for a bit at one of our functions and he's a great guy... really down to earth. We're glad to have him back down here... wish it would have been a few games earlier. I like to watch him chase around that punk Nickerson for the Iowa Stars...

• 3 weeks later...
Here's one for the Knights fans: on a team where every player seems to be within plus or minus five, how is David Van Der Gulik a +19? What is he doing differently? Is he that good of a two-way forward?

There was an article about him in the Herald today. Obviously he said he's a defense first kind of guy, but he said he'd like to jump in the rush a little bit more. One quote I remember him saying was that if he jumped up a bit more he could have something like 20 goals (right now he has 11).

Van Der Gulik is the type of player that you do not notice is on the ice until you look around after the goal, and there he is. Kind of like Brett Hull without the wrist shot.. Where did he come from?? He is just solid. When you see him on the ice the last 1 minute with a 1 goal lead, you just relax and know the game is in the bag. Good to see fans are starting to notice.

I went to see the Knights play the Moose in Winnipeg yesterday. It was a crappy game all around for the Knights. They only had 9 shots on goal after two periods. They came on somewhat in the third, but their attempts at a comeback were fruitless and the Moose won 4-1.

The Moose scored 43 seconds into the game off of a bungled puck handling attempt by McElhinney behind the net. They scored 7 seconds later on a shot from close to the blue line that McElhinney should have had. He played well the rest of the game though. The third Moose goal was on a 5 on 3 pp and he really had no chance. I don't recall their 4th goal :oops:

The Knights' only goal was scored by Boyd off of a nice feed from Taratukhin. It was nice to see Boyd score as I'm a big fan of his and he's from Winnipeg. He was playing the wing with Chucko and Taratukhin for most of the game. I'm also a big fan of Chucko but I think he should have stayed in school. :lol:

The game was filled with fights, which I thought was a lot of fun. Prust had two, including a dandy with McIvor a minute into the game, Ference had two and Germyn had one.

yea the knights r on a bit of a loosing streak...still in 2nd, and only 9 pts out of first...wev been down more and then we always bounce bak. every team has their cold streaks.

i can assure u freakofnature, the team u saw last nite was not the REAL Knights. theyr 100x better than wut u witnessed!

ne one thinkin about comn down for a game in Omaha??

i can assure u freakofnature, the team u saw last nite was not the REAL Knights.  theyr 100x better than wut u witnessed!

Yeah, the Knights' record indicates that they are a better team than what I saw, but in the game I was at they could not make a pass to save their lives. It was kind of frustrating to watch. :? The play that Boyd scored on was nice and I would have liked to see more of that. Oh well, better luck next season (for me). :)

yea they need to work on the passing, and mayb wen TO pass. i see too much individual play out there. especially tonight, it was 'scout nite' so everyone was showin off and stuff...we dropped a 3-2 game to the #3 team in our division on a game which we could have won EASILY i think. Boyd had another sweet goal 2nite...he was commn down the right side and he sk8ed out infront of the puck by accident and he kicks the puck with his sk8 to his blade and goes top shelf on the other goaltender...it was amazing!

i doubt hell b in Omaha once Calgary is ready to make their full playoff push, and i HIGHLY doubt hell b in Omaha much next season, much like Mark Giordano.

Archived