Knights Resource

Hey everyone,

I'm from Nebraska and a season ticket holder for the knights.  I'm at every game so if you have any questions about how they did or who is performing well, feel free to ask.  Thanks

Please post often! We need more input about the Knights. Tell us, who have you been impressed with so far this year (especially guys who might not be obvious to those of us who only see game sheets and stats)?

Taratukhin is a play maker for sure, but you can tell he is still adapting to the game. He doesn't seem to be a very physical player, as he will avoid the boards if at all possible and won't really check to often. He has started to improve already from the start of the season with getting to know the team style. He knows how to cycle the puck and keep it in the zone, which enables the knights to establish an offense and post some shots.

All in all, I don't see him as the star player for the Knights quite yet, but he does have an impact. I would say he's not quite ready to go up to Calgary but if he keeps adapting to the style of play here, who knows...

Please don't consider this spam, but I created a forum for the knights a while back. Knightsfans.net

There you can browse for more information on general topics.

For specific questions though, I can answer those all on here.

Hey everyone,

I'm from Nebraska and a season ticket holder for the knights.  I'm at every game so if you have any questions about how they did or who is performing well, feel free to ask.  Thanks

Please post often! We need more input about the Knights. Tell us, who have you been impressed with so far this year (especially guys who might not be obvious to those of us who only see game sheets and stats)?

Warren Peters is a favorite of mine. You can tell that hockey is his life and he gives everything he's got on every shift, of every game. I'd say you might be seeing him up in Calgary sometime this season...

Another one is rookie Ryan Donally. First, he is an enforcer, a good enforcer. He can fight well. You can tell he really wants to be out there and was skating hard the entire game last Saturday.

You guys may remember Carsen Germyn, he was up for a few near the end of last season. So relaxed when he's on the ice, always focused but really makes things happen. A very physical yet smart player.

And can't forget the Defense. Wow! They are doing great, one of the best in the league.

Hope this helps! By the way, how is Prust doing up there? We're glad we got Boyd back...how'd he do when he was up?

Boyd had some shifts with the top line but nothing really impressive came of it. He got absolutely pasted a few times, kinda felt out of sync with the NHL, pretty clear that a year in the minors could really help him out. He also missedon the shootout.

That's too bad...Well we will gladly take him back :D

He's doing great in Omaha, still one of the top scorers in the league even after missing two games...

Yeah, he's a tough player...we do miss Giordano though!

How's he doing?  Injured, right?

I saw he scored his first two NHL goals in the same night vs Toronto so that's good

No, he is not injured. When Warrener returned from his knee injury it left Gio without a roster spot. Zyuzin is going to be a game time decision tonight vs the Stars so we may see Gio back in tonight.

Just wondering, why wouldn't Calgary send Gio down to Omaha while he doesn't have a spot?

Good question.

I think Giordano is at the stage of his development where he doesn't necessarily need a tonne of ice-time to continue his development but he does need to work on the mental aspects of the game. By being around NHLers, seeing how they prepare, how hard they work and how they handle the grind might help him in the future moreso at this point than playing in Omaha.

He did fill in for Zyuzin last night. He has really struggled with the Flames this season outside of a couple of games.

Nystrom has been officially assigned back to Omaha, I guess he is cleared to play.  Good news for Knights fans, I think he will have a good sophmore year.

That's good to hear...

Maybe I was expecting a bit too much from him last year but he doesn't seem to stand out among the other players down here, at least that was the case last year.

I am also from Omaha. Here is what I think of Taratukin's play so far, which is only 4 games. He shows flashes of great open ice play. If they would turn him loose on rushes he would be able to show his talent more. I have seen some moves at times that I have only seen from the best. It is kind of like he is playing somewhat tentative . And we can all understand that he is learning a new systen and he most play within. I am thinking the Flames may need to adjust to him as much as he needs to adjust to them. He has the ability to change the Flames style while on his shift, if allowed. He will pan out well for the Flames. As far as crashing the boards , I just think he is not sure how to handle it right now. I have seen two of the best and hardest open ice hits delivered by him. So he knows how to hit. One thing to work on would be to not take bad timing penaltys. You will see him up there some time soon. And I hear he is a fantastic person.

I am also from Omaha. Here is what I think of Taratukin's play so far, which is only 4 games.  He shows flashes of great open ice play.  If they would turn him loose on  rushes he would be able to show his talent more. I have seen some moves at times that I have only seen from the best.  It is kind of like he is playing somewhat tentative . And we can all understand that he is learning a new systen and he most play within. I am thinking the Flames may need to adjust to him as much as he needs to adjust to them. He has the ability to change the Flames style while on his shift, if allowed. He will pan out well for the Flames.  As far as crashing the boards , I just think he is not sure how to handle it right now. I have seen two of the best and hardest open ice hits  delivered by him. So he knows how to hit. One thing to work on would be to not take bad timing penaltys.   You will see him up there some time soon. And I hear he is a fantastic person.

Thanks for the insight, and happy to have you here! Cheers

Prusty giving you guys plenty of excitement up there in Calgary?  We sure do miss him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yep...he had a few good battles last night in Vancouver and against Anaheim. Hopefully he's a Flame for a long time to come.

thats good to hear!!!!!!!!! He gives his all every single game!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Some of us here in Omaha gave Prust the nickname "The Sandman". Fitting name for a K-night. Our team comes out on the ice to the music of Metallica's Enter Sandman. If you guys up there have any way to sugesst to your music person to play that song after Prust wins some of his disagreements with the opposing players, it would be cool. What music do the Flames enter the ice to?

• 1 month later...
Some of us here in Omaha gave Prust the nickname "The Sandman".  Fitting name for a K-night.  Our team comes out on the ice to the music of Metallica's Enter Sandman.  If you guys up there have any way to sugesst to your music person to play that song after Prust wins some of his disagreements with the opposing players, it would be cool.  What music do the Flames enter the ice to?

Prodigy - Spitfire

10 game winning streak... I don't think it will be changed.

See the lyrics on my sig > >

• 2 weeks later...

Archived